Board logo

One of my videos has been blocked...
adithorp - 25/10/20 at 04:32 PM

I've just had a notification from YouTube that one of my trackday videos has been blocked due to a copyright claim. DTM think it's footage of a qualifying session from Zolder this year. Am I chuffed or what!

The fact that the video was uploaded 6 years before the event they claim it's from seems to have been missed and I've raised a dispute on those grounds.

Unfortunately I can't share the evidence but this was from the same event...
https://youtu.be/Cgf923vp08Q

pigeondave - 25/10/20 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
DTM think it's footage of a qualifying session from Zolder this year.

Looks like DTM do what I do, and watch YouTube videos at x2 speed (or x1.5 if they're Aussie).

adithorp - 25/10/20 at 05:09 PM

This was me not you.

ps... FYFM

[Edited on 25/10/20 by adithorp]

scudderfish - 25/10/20 at 09:20 PM

As your video predates the DTM one, and they think it matches.... Can you get theirs pulled?

MikeR - 26/10/20 at 09:08 AM

I cant help thinking their lawyers will rip you a new bottom hole - however i'd love to see you make the dispute claim

adithorp - 26/10/20 at 02:37 PM

So having had a think about it, DTM have decided to drop there claim... Apparently I couldn't go back in time and post 6 years before it happened.

The offending video...
https://youtu.be/ZQcc64gBT7w

MikeR - 26/10/20 at 02:40 PM

How many imps does DTM have racing? That's within the first 10 second

40inches - 26/10/20 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
How many imps does DTM have racing? That's within the first 10 second

And Locost/Caterham/Westfield. With a passenger!

loggyboy - 26/10/20 at 04:26 PM

I think most larger companies/YT channels have automated processes to catch fraud/copyright, so despite it being obvious to a person, its just confused the system. I had a dispute filed against one of my dash cam videos that wasn't even a listed video (I had emailed the link to the person who got crashed in to) - but the music on my stereo had triggered the claim, I disputed it and the claim went way. one argument i gave is that it wasn't monetised or publicly listed so not sure if that's why they removed it or they just realised anyone watching it wouldnt get any enjoyment from the 20seconds of Mike and the Mechanics.

[Edited on 26-10-20 by loggyboy]