Board logo

Been given a deadline
speedyxjs - 21/7/09 at 07:21 PM

We're getting a new garage door (not like the ones posted earlier unfortunatelty ) and the bloke has just phoned to say he can do it in 2 - 3 weeks
As im on holiday between 1st - 9th August, this means i have 9 days to get the car in a position that my parents can move it out of the garage
Should get the coilovers this week from alfasudsprint (thanks mate), need to weld on front and rear suspension brackets, order some new bolts for the front upper bones, torque up pretty much the whole back end and the biggest job, tidy the garage

cd.thomson - 21/7/09 at 07:23 PM

put it on casters

speedyxjs - 21/7/09 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
put it on casters

I really cant afford to buy anything i dont really need at the moment, plus we have a rather bumpy drive. I had enough trouble moving the engine crane when i removed the engine.
hopefully my dad will give me a couple of afternoons off work to get a move on

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 07:32 PM

what are you doing on here?! go on get a move on!

speedyxjs - 21/7/09 at 07:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

Cant, need to get to bed soon, early start in the morning

iank - 21/7/09 at 07:34 PM

Take the engine out, then a parent on either end should be able to carry it out no problem.

blakep82 - 21/7/09 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

Cant, need to get to bed soon, early start in the morning

excuses excuses...

James - 21/7/09 at 07:43 PM

Couple of old skateboards will do as Castors.

HTH,
James

westf27 - 21/7/09 at 07:47 PM

go and get yourself a supermarket trolley to make a rolling frame.Homebase sell em for a quid.

aerosam - 21/7/09 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by westf27
go and get yourself a supermarket trolley to make a rolling frame.Homebase sell em for a quid.

Ha ha ha! Love it!

Now that is Locost.

trextr7monkey - 21/7/09 at 09:41 PM

no a quid buys you 30 trolleys chained together to get them all home safely

MikeR - 21/7/09 at 10:20 PM

if you don't fancy 'buying' some trolleys, just clamp on the suspension points. Far better to spend some time and get it right than rush it now.

mad4x4 - 22/7/09 at 06:56 AM

If you haven;t got coil overs yet Get a bit of broom handle cut to length and drill holes for the pick up bolts.

Peteff - 22/7/09 at 09:44 AM

Cut some 2x2 to length and put a notch in each end, lift the end of the car and wedge it in then lower to trap it. Oops forgot what engine you're using, better make it 4x2