Board logo

Who else can supply a DeDion kit.
John P - 12/12/09 at 03:38 PM

Is there anyone other than Darren or 3GE components who can supply a DeDion axle for my McSorley+4.

I've no experience of dealing with Darren but do worry about all the bad publicity he seems to get although it may be unfair.

I did get in touch with 3GE who were going to see if they still had any parts available but that was a couple of month ago and although I have now sent 3 e-mails to follow it up I don't get any replys at all.

I don't actually need the axle yet (probably not before the spring now) but do want to sort out how much it will cost and where from.

John.

liam.mccaffrey - 12/12/09 at 03:40 PM

i bought mine from Darren at Exeter about 3 years ago. Admittedly i was able to pay there and then and carry it away with me. Does he even still go to the shows?

scutter - 12/12/09 at 03:52 PM

I can't imagine Darren going out without a flak jacket on these days.

Sorry i can only think of asking Martin keenan at MK Engineering if he would be able to knock one up.

ATB Dan.

Mr Whippy - 12/12/09 at 04:32 PM

I have an unused in gray primer DeDion axle apparently made by GTS, don't have the trailing arms but their very easy to make. U2U me if your interested. £70 + P&P

djtom - 12/12/09 at 05:39 PM

I have one GTS trailing arm available if you want something to copy to make the other three.
Tom

big-vee-twin - 12/12/09 at 06:46 PM

I've just received a full De Dion from Darren no problems - So I can help if you need some dimensions.

jacko - 12/12/09 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
I've just received a full De Dion from Darren no problems - So I can help if you need some dimensions.

Hi can you please post some photos of the de-dion thanks
Jacko

Gav - 12/12/09 at 08:25 PM

Here are some pics of my dedion as produced by GTS

link1
link2
link3

MikeR - 12/12/09 at 09:08 PM

Instead of emailing 3ge try calling them.

I got mine from him, took a while as i wanted stuff non standard but the qualit and price was excellent.

ZEN - 24/12/09 at 01:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin

Lucky you. I am still waiting the delivery of the DeDion from Darren after about 9 months