Board logo

Granada / Sierra hub differences
Wadders - 16/8/12 at 07:53 PM

Does anyone know what bits i would need to convert a car with 4 stud hubs (sierra bits) to 5 stud hubs (granny bits).

Cheers
Al.

mcerd1 - 16/8/12 at 08:29 PM

its quite easy

the rears are a strait swap if the sierra already had bolt-on rear hubs (all granada ones are 100mm bolt-on types)
the granada discs are 253mm solid ones the same as the the non-cossie sierra's

the front hubs have a little bit bigger bearings and oil seals, but all otehr sizes are the same so the diamiters can just be machined down to match the sierra hub (cost me £5 each side at a local place)
the standard granny front discs are 260mm vented, same as the ABS sierra's or XR4i's and use the same calipers, but the disc has a 5mm shallower bell so you need 5mm spacers for mounting the calipers and 5mm longer bolts

so if you've got a sierra with a bolt-on rear and 260mm front discs than all you need is the granny's hubs and discs - simples

here's one what I made earlier
Hub2
Hub2

[Edited on 16/8/2012 by mcerd1]

[Edited on 16/8/2012 by mcerd1]

Wadders - 16/8/12 at 10:06 PM

Thanks for the very informative and concise explanation.....just the news i wanted to hear

Al.

mcerd1 - 16/8/12 at 10:25 PM

should also say you might be able to just swap the whole hub and upright, but the strut is a bit fatter (so you'd need bigger mushroom adapters) and there are a few small differences in the geometry too