Board logo

hub cap locking key
AlexXtreme - 25/9/17 at 12:04 PM

I have lost the keys for my hub caps (actually I think some kids stole them I as stupidly left them in the car door pockets in full view).
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sCZLWwsAKLonIRx13
Any idea where I can get replacements... looked on the web and cant see anything. Are these std fitting and does anything else do the job off say another make? I measured the thread OD and it is just over 7.5mm -which does not sound like anything "normal" to me?
Alex

obfripper - 25/9/17 at 12:17 PM

They're also used on renaults and vauxhalls and normally are 8mm thread. An 8mm pan or cheese head torx bolt is a good replacement if you don't want to replace with security bolts.
Here's some new vauxhall ones:
Vauxhall ALLOY WHEEL CENTRE CAP LOCKING BOLT SET - LOCK - NEW - 90495549

Dave

loggyboy - 25/9/17 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
They're also used on renaults and vauxhalls and normally are 8mm thread. An 8mm pan or cheese head torx bolt is a good replacement if you don't want to replace with security bolts.
Here's some new vauxhall ones:
Vauxhall ALLOY WHEEL CENTRE CAP LOCKING BOLT SET - LOCK - NEW - 90495549

Dave

The vaux/renault ones are universal and have 3 evenly spaced studs so arent really secure. U use long nose pliers on my old Clios ones!

IMHO - Get new wheels, centre cap covers are so 90s! lol

AlexXtreme - 25/9/17 at 02:24 PM

agree they are very 90's but they suit the car (a Ginetta) which is very 90's :-)..

I can get them un-done with a couple of small screw drivers and pliers but want something more practical for day to day use - the wheels come off quite often!

I will have a look at the vaux / renault ones.. I might need a longer thread. otherwise will try some st steel m/c screws...
Thanks