Board logo

Floor mounted cable clutch pedal
wonderfulweasel - 23/11/19 at 04:20 PM

Hi,
Has anyone used a floor mounted pedal box with a cable clutch, and could share a photo of their set up?
I have a Compbrake set up, similar to this: https://www.compbrake.com/product/universal-clutch-floor-mounted-cable-pedal-box-kit-premier-1-pedal-std-kit/
I think OBP have a similar offering too.
I'm pretty sure I have it in right, but it doesn't seem to give a very long throw to the cable! It's a bit difficult to tell though as I don't have an engine or box in currently! If anyone could share a photo of their working set up, that would be appreciated.

steve m - 23/11/19 at 05:25 PM

I had an OBP peddle box in my old 7, and you are right that the throw does not seem very much,
but I can assure you, that it worked perfectly, as the actual bite to slip point on a clutch is a very small measurement
as in a couple of millimetres, the rest is just wasteful travel

steve

big_wasa - 23/11/19 at 06:37 PM

I drilled a few holes in mine for the cable pivot to adjust the ratio. It worked fine with a Zetec fwd clutch in an Mt75.

SPYDER - 24/11/19 at 02:55 PM

I made my own floor mounted pedals for my Phoenix. The clutch pedal ratio is about 7 to 1 and the cable travel is only about 10-12mm. As has already been stated, the cable travel requirement is usually smaller than you might think.