Board logo

Instrumentation advice please
John Bonnett - 4/4/20 at 08:11 AM

Not sure which is the appropriate section for this topic so please forgive me if I've used the wrong one.

I've built a few cars and I'm always surprised by the cost of the instruments. I think the bill for the last lot on the Ginetta G15 was in the region of £600 using decent stuff; Smiths Classic range. With my new project I'm not constrained by the classic look so anything would be possible and look okay. So I'm wondering whether an all in one electronic system might be cost effective and wondered what your thoughts are. I don't want a GPS speedometer but would be happy with a Hall effect system which from experience I know works well.

So recommendations please.

russbost - 4/4/20 at 08:39 AM

Look at the Acewell range of speedos/digital dashes.

Rock solid performance & after sales at a budget price, talk to Oli at Furore Products, he now runs what was my business some years back & will do 5% off retail to LCB members 07905 879407 or info@furoreproducts.co.uk.

Take a look at the range here Link

John Bonnett - 4/4/20 at 08:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Look at the Acewell range of speedos/digital dashes.

Rock solid performance & after sales at a budget price, talk to Oli at Furore Products, he now runs what was my business some years back & will do 5% off retail to LCB members 07905 879407 or info@furoreproducts.co.uk.

Take a look at the range here Link

Wow, that is good information Russ. Thank you so much. This could be just what I'm looking for at a really good price. I'm glad I asked the question and appreciate your reply.

Kind regards

John

Charlie_Zetec - 6/4/20 at 03:42 PM

As above, Acewell or ETB Digidash would get my vote. Pretty sure they're both IVA compliant (if that's a requirement).

[Edited on 6/4/20 by Charlie_Zetec]

dunk3 - 6/4/20 at 04:38 PM

Koso digi dash are good , I used them on my mk indy zetec and now on my MNR gsxr 1000

John Bonnett - 6/4/20 at 06:51 PM

Many thanks for your replies which have opened my eyes as to what is available. Not only is the cost saving considerable over conventional instruments, there are the added benefits of compactness, putting all the information where it needs to be, in front of the driver, simpler dashboard and no additional warning lights. This is certainly the route I'm going to take and thank you all for providing just the information I needed.