Board logo

CG lock any good?
pewe - 23/10/12 at 05:02 PM

Taking the other (h*irdressers) car to a track-day at Hullavington on Friday.
Have put the race seat and four points in but I'm now concerned that with three drivers all of different shapes and sizes change-over is going to be a problem.
So I'm thinking of the normal road seat with three point lap and diagonal and buying one of these linky
Anyone have or used one before I spend my hard-earned?
Thanks, Pewe10

gingerprince - 23/10/12 at 07:58 PM

I've got one which I've used for years, originally in my TVR and now in my Scooby. It's a really good compromise between full harness and standard belt. Was particularly good in the TVR which had slippy leather seats, stopped me sliding forward and "self servo-ing" the brakes

Only annoyance is having to undo it to get my wallet out every morning to swipe my pass into the car park at work!

theconrodkid - 23/10/12 at 08:23 PM

you want to get one of the other drivers to buy this http://locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/34/viewthread.php?tid=175548

pewe - 24/10/12 at 09:41 AM

Thanks for the reply gingerprince ^ - reckon I'll just have to shell out their asking price though. They obviously have pretty tight control over their distributors.
I'll ignore conrod's ^^ as it an obvious attempt to hi-jack my post and bump the fact he has a really nice hairdresser's car for sale.
Must be something in the forum rules about that?????
Cheers, Pewe10

Humbug - 24/10/12 at 10:27 AM

I've got a CG Lock that I use all the time in my MX5 - I find that without it I slide forward slightly and get lower back pain. When on track it is not as good as a harness - how could it be? - but it is much better than standard seatbelt on its own.

Simon

MRLuke - 24/10/12 at 10:58 AM

Mine was really good but it kept falling apart until I lost the little spring. Didn't even last a year.

pewe - 28/10/12 at 01:01 PM

Bought one, fitted it, used it at Hullavington and it seemed to work OK.
Obviously not as good as four point but really did help.
Cheers, Pewe10