Board logo

Tunnel top
greavesy7 - 5/11/14 at 12:00 AM

Can people post some pics of there transition tunnels please I need some inspiration

SPYDER - 5/11/14 at 12:26 AM

Here are the tunnels in the Phoenix and the Locost that came before it...

Turbo Tez - 5/11/14 at 06:59 AM

Il be tackling this job in the next week so watching with interest. It's defenitley one of those jobs that can make of break the finished look of your car.

907 - 5/11/14 at 07:18 AM

The top of mine forms a sort of sunken tray which I thought would be a handy place for a bag of sweets, eye-phone, etc.

It also doubles as a parts tray for when the inevitable roadside repair is needed. Nothing worse than having to search for
a dropped screw in the long grass. Us Locosters with Lotus engines have to think of these things.

Paul G

AndyW - 5/11/14 at 10:00 AM

Description
Description

Smoking Frog - 5/11/14 at 10:19 AM

Gearstick trim ring
Gearstick trim ring

Handbrake
Handbrake

dhutch - 5/11/14 at 12:42 PM

Not got a photo to hand, but mine is just matt black painted alu, fairly thick gauge (2.5mm?) with rounded edges. As far as I know that was std westfield back in 1991.

Sides are covered in vinyl, which goes up the side and over to end on the chassis tube, then the top goes down and finishes the job, held on with self tappers so you can get to the handbrake and remote linkage on the back of the type9.

Daniel

Slater - 5/11/14 at 01:19 PM

1.2mm ali, sprayed black, with Hockey stick trim over the edges, rivnuts and countersunk screws, so can be removed if required.

[img] dash post sva 2
dash post sva 2
[/img]

greed1 - 5/11/14 at 01:23 PM

Here's mine similar to slaters but with carbon
handbrake 2
handbrake 2

greavesy7 - 5/11/14 at 05:39 PM

Is that the name of that edge trim " hockey stick ?

Mine was the same as Andy w but thinking of going for carbon with a black anodised edge and carbon dash to match

big-vee-twin - 5/11/14 at 06:10 PM

Formed ally sheet to form rolled top

[img] tunnel top
tunnel top
[/img]

Then covered with di-noc

[img] Gear Lever fitted
Gear Lever fitted
[/img]

zx12r dug - 5/11/14 at 08:35 PM

Description
Description

carbon effect panels with alloy trims powdercoated orange IVA friendly dash to be finished

zetec - 6/11/14 at 08:49 AM

[/img]