Board logo

Seats for a Fury ideas or advice
joneh - 1/2/16 at 06:45 PM

Hi,

After some advice on which seats work well in a Fury. I've got some leather Cobra ones and they put my eyeline along the top of the windscreen frame. They're also a little too wide.

Any ideas which seat will go on some runners and keep me low?

Thanks
Jon

lordbenny - 1/2/16 at 06:54 PM

Inta Trim must do something to suit your needs unless you want Carbon Tillet type seats.

http://www.intatrimtelford.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

mazie - 1/2/16 at 07:48 PM

I have the Odyssey seats, they also put my eye line around the top of the windscreen, maybe maybe a little lower. I used them on runners so these had to go.

HowardB - 1/2/16 at 08:30 PM

I had the "kit seats" in mine, a square low floor mounted base with comfy cushions

I took the drivers one out and replaced it with a grp high back seat with a view to fitting a 6 point harness.,

I have subsequently taken the passenger one out, and now they just get the cushions,.. although I don't get too many passengers,... perhaps this is why?
don't Panic
don't Panic

The other option is to replace the rigid seat stuff with a two part foam seat, they are very popular in the race series as they are a perfect fit to the driver derrier, light weight and don't turn into evil splinters on impact,..

I guess a lot depends how many people you expect in the drivers seat, if you really need runners, and what your views are on looks and style.

[Edited on 1/2/16 by HowardB]

joneh - 1/2/16 at 08:44 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I need the runners so the wife can drive it. Guess I'll have to get some wind deflectors for the top or come up with another idea!

HowardB - 1/2/16 at 08:49 PM

how about a seat and a seat insesrt rather than runners?

just a thought

nick205 - 2/2/16 at 11:00 AM

In my MK Indy I used Intatrim Ranger seats. I fitted an aeroscreen so no issue with height/eyeline in my case, but I did make a mounting frame out of 20mm angle iron for the driver's seat. Comfy seats and a good fit size wise.

[Edited on 2/2/16 by nick205]

avagolen - 2/2/16 at 06:45 PM

Hi, I fitted the JK Composite seats in my Fury.
I had the same problem with eye height.
Runners are not a problem. Just discuss with them what you need.
They recommend some runners to suit.

Len.