Board logo

Shoulder harness mounting issue
wandr - 10/8/16 at 10:07 PM

Hi all, I have a small problem with four point harnesses in that I have a pair of westfield seat which have no harness slots in the back. I think I am right in saying that the shoulder harness mounting points have to be around 450mm plus the 53mm testers spacer high for iva, if I do this it puts the mounting points at the middle of the head rest so the straps would have to be mounted on a bar across the roll bar and then go down and under the headrests would this pass or is there another option?

russbost - 11/8/16 at 07:54 AM

If the straps are routed thro' any part of the seat or head restraint such that it affects the path of the belt between mounting & your body (shoulders in this instance) then that part also becomes subject to the strength requirements that would be applied to the seat belt mounts themselves, so there's no way that's going to pass.

Is there no way of mounting the belts sufficiently high, but to each side of the head restraint so they go up & over the shoulders, alternatively you're going to need a different pair of seats