Board logo

Dash revamp
JC - 15/4/20 at 05:55 PM

Well, like many in these unusual times, I've taken the chance to start a long planned revamp of the dashboard on my Locost. The original dash had the cheapo dials from CBS - worked fine but I never liked them, and they were in a strange position! I was inspired by the Morgan three wheeler for my upgrade. I spend today trying VHT wrinkle paint for the first time - moderate success, not perfect but good enough. I now need to make a decision - instrument plinths in natural aluminium, wrinkle paint, satin black to match the bezels or carbon wrap? Thoughts?

You can see more on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/superchargedmglocost/

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

Slater - 15/4/20 at 06:48 PM

I suggest Satin Black as per Morgan 3 wheeler dashboard you can see via google images, also leaving the 4 mounting bolts as they are (stainless?)

adam1985 - 15/4/20 at 09:01 PM

im currently changing my dash at moment too, ive ended up with a fake carbon panel for mine but whilst ive been looking for inspiration Ive found ‘hydro dipping’ which looks pretty good, plenty of places do it and i thought it was reasonably priced.
I think i will be getting some other parts done with this soon

JC - 13/6/20 at 05:35 PM

So here it is, finished at last. Transmission tunnel next...

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Bluemoon - 15/6/20 at 08:18 AM

Good looking locost....

ChrisL - 5/8/20 at 06:48 PM

Where did you get your switch panel from and are they waterproof?
Love the layout and panel

Craigib76 - 5/8/20 at 08:35 PM

Switch panel looks like it comes from the first of the new shape Mini coopers

[Edited on 5/8/20 by Craigib76]

ChrisL - 6/8/20 at 10:56 AM

Thanks Craig, of course, good spot! Guessing they are not waterproof. Shame as all the waterproof one I can find look awful