Board logo

Drivers seat bolster repair
number-1 - 29/3/21 at 08:07 PM

Can anyone point me towards someone who can sort out a worn drivers side bolster on a leather seat? The rest of the seat is fine, just the bolster nearest the driers door needs seeing too

Cheers all

nick205 - 30/3/21 at 10:08 AM

Can't recommend an upholsterer for you, but know this exact same issue on Peugeot 205 GTI driver seats. Some will try and wedge it full of off-cuts of foam - doesn't work well at all. A company finally invested in some tooling to mould the correct shape foam blocks for the bolster. Once fitted the seats look close to new (providing the cover material isn't torn or over worn).

I'd take some time and see if you can find the correct moulded foam part to refurbish the seat with. Maybe look through owners/enthusiasts clubs or even the seat manufacturer.

snippy - 30/3/21 at 07:38 PM

I've just had 4 sections of leather replaced on my Volvo XC90 drivers seat, common issue on these cars. The sections repaired included the bolster. There is a guy near me who does car upholstery repairs. He's currently working on mk1 Golf GTI's, Renault 5 Turbo, TR3 and BMW Z3 so he does old & modern. I'm in South Leicestershire, not sure if that's too far for you. If you want his details U2U me and I'll ping them to you. I'm very pleased with what he did for me.