Board logo

Omex ecu's
Strontium Dog - 6/7/10 at 09:09 AM

I don't know where to put this so if a mod wants to move it please do so!

My mate is currently organising a group buy with Omex to take place in the next few weeks. The ecu's will be significantly cheaper than list price if we can get enough buyers. He has listed this on another forum and I will list it on another site too. We are not sure of prices until we have an idea of the number of people who want one but expect sub £500 hopefully around £460. Remember this is number dependant and so the more the merrier and the better deal for everyone!

If you are interested please indicate by putting your name down so Antony can get on with the final haggle. This is not an agreement to buy but please only put your name down if you are genuinely interested and likely to follow up on the deal. I will post more info as the deal progresses of course so you will all know where we are at and what sort of price we can actually get!

1. Strontium Dog
2. Criddy

etc.

coozer - 6/7/10 at 09:15 AM

I got a good deal at Stoneleigh but it was a fair bit more than that! Good luck.

Strontium Dog - 6/7/10 at 09:19 AM

I believe Antony has already had a chat with them and it is all number dependant. We are both members of other forums so we should get some good interest hopefully!

Out of interest, what sort of price did you get at Stoneleigh? Feel free to pm me the answer if you prefer to be discreet!

[Edited on 6/7/10 by Strontium Dog]

flak monkey - 6/7/10 at 09:24 AM

Retail price is £545 + VAT for a 600 series

[Edited on 6/7/10 by flak monkey]

hobbsy - 6/7/10 at 10:10 AM

Is this for a 600 series?

Strontium Dog - 6/7/10 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hobbsy
Is this for a 600 series?

Yes, as far as I know Antony is looking at the 600. I don't suppose it matters which ecu you want though as long as it is from the Omex range so an ignition only ecu is available as well as a more highly spec'd item. The price would be reflected no doubt.

r1_pete - 6/7/10 at 10:44 AM

I'm talking with with them about the 700 series, probably looking to buy in the next few weeks, so I'm a potential.

[Edited on 6/7/10 by r1_pete]

richyb - 6/7/10 at 10:50 AM

looking for a series 600, plus the loom - but wouldn't be able to commit funds until after the summer hols - September / Oct.

jeffw - 6/7/10 at 12:00 PM

If the price is right I'd be interested in a 600 & loom.

liam.mccaffrey - 6/7/10 at 12:46 PM

Spoke to OMEX just now about a 710+loom for the volvo lump, very helpful.

I'm in

[Edited on 6/7/10 by liam.mccaffrey]

omega0684 - 6/7/10 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog

1. Strontium Dog
2. Criddy
3. omega0684 (Omex 600 + Full Loom)

etc.

theres my name down keep us posted, do we know roughly how long for the price? next couple of weeks etc?

damdy-cash - 6/7/10 at 03:28 PM

depending on price I'm interested in a 600

cheers Volker

Strontium Dog - 6/7/10 at 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
quote:

1. Strontium Dog
2. Criddy

etc.

there's my name down keep us posted, do we know roughly how long for the price? next couple of weeks etc?

Looks like some good interest so I'll get Antony to crack on. Should have some info within the next few days but keep putting your names down. The more the merrier and cheaper it's gonna get!

liam.mccaffrey - 6/7/10 at 06:41 PM

1. Strontium Dog
2. Criddy
4. liam.mccaffrey (Omex 710 + loom)

arrow-engineering - 6/7/10 at 07:51 PM

can anyone confirm how many buyers we need and if that target is reached what the cost will be, im interested in a 600 and loom.

Strontium Dog - 7/7/10 at 07:32 AM

I think we are already pretty close to the 10 or so that we need as other clubs are involved. I spoke to Antony who is going to progress things over the next few days so should have a better idea of how much we can save per unit then.

Interestingly, Antony talked to emerald too but they can't be bothered to even answer his queries whereas Omex have been right on the ball and obviously want to sell us some ecu's.

Omex have even suggested a deal through one of their agents with the possibility of some cheap rolling road time for mapping too. Ant is going to get more details of that as well in case anyone is interested!

omega0684 - 7/7/10 at 02:06 PM

im definately interested in getting in on the RR session through dealers, if he can get anything at northampton or Mtech in Cheltenham that would be great

Raymond Y - 7/7/10 at 09:22 PM

I could be interested. Doing a GSXR 1000 TB conversion on a Zetec and need an ECU. It's a bit earlier than I intended, but if the price is right.....

Raymond

Strontium Dog - 8/7/10 at 06:43 PM

Hi everyone, I just got an email from Antony and this is what it said. Please note I do not have the price for the 710's yet but expect a similar discount on them!

Drum roll please......

My first group buy price. I don't think I'll find anyone lower. This is fantastic price!

For a group buy of 10 plus I will do the 600s for £478.34 inc VAT

Semi assembled harness for £52.88

Auxiliary harness £7.93

arrow-engineering - 8/7/10 at 07:21 PM

sounds good, no prices for finished looms?

hobbsy - 8/7/10 at 07:28 PM

So if I wanted to go with an omex for my turbo r1 project what else would I need? I assume it interfaces with all the standard sensors and the base price is just the ecu with no wiring? The semi assembled loom gets you what exactly? A big plug with a load of bare ends? What's th aux loom? Apologies if this is all on their website but I'm on my phone ATM

If it can give me boost control and they've got a base map for a 5pw NA R1 then I'd be vey interested

which version gives you anti-lag? Hehe

Strontium Dog - 8/7/10 at 08:06 PM

Just got the price for the 710's

710 is £650 inc VAT

Which looks a good price to me!

I'll find out more about looms but a lot of looms come semi assembled so you can poke the wires through a firewall etc and then put the ruddy great connectors on!

I'm sure that most info will be on the interweb or they are very helpful at Omex if you give them a bell to ask about their product.

Please bear in mind that every engine is different and whether the stock sensors will work is not something I know. From my experience most will largely work with after market ecu's but that's just my limited understanding based on the few I've used. Best to talk to Omex if in doubt and they will tell you what you will need for your particular application!

john_p_b - 8/7/10 at 08:19 PM

thats a fantastic price for 710! my mate is a agent for them and he cant even get them at that price! i fitted 600 to my sierra cosworth last year, really is pretty simple to build a loom up from the semi assembled item, i know the ecu works with ford sensors, aston martin, vag.....i've seen them fitted to all these and never needed sensors changing.

they are a very clever box of tricks

Strontium Dog - 8/7/10 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john_p_b
thats a fantastic price for 710! my mate is a agent for them and he cant even get them at that price! i fitted 600 to my sierra cosworth last year, really is pretty simple to build a loom up from the semi assembled item, i know the ecu works with ford sensors, aston martin, vag.....i've seen them fitted to all these and never needed sensors changing.

they are a very clever box of tricks

Thanks for the info, and I guess the recession is good for creating a buyers market as everyone tries to stay in business.

Anyway the thanks for this should go to my buddie Antony, or as he is now known, Lord Chief Haggler Criddy. He has done all the legwork!

[Edited on 8/7/10 by Strontium Dog]

bimbleuk - 9/7/10 at 08:46 AM

Whoever is supplying the OMEX ECUs is selling them at cost or less! As the list price for a 710 ECU is £845.00 + VAT. OMEX rarely do group buys from forums unless the cars are all exactly the same spec and even then they would only knock 10% off the price. So I would varify the price on the 710 personally.

If it's a 3rd party getting rid of stock then great but the prices just sound too good to me. I don't recall them ever having any difficulty selling all the ECUs they can make.

If you need verification from OMEX about any deals I'll be with Andrew (he now manages the daily operations) and Alan (Workshop and shipping) over the weekend. They race F2 stock cars at Standlake arena.

MikeR - 9/7/10 at 09:17 AM

When do you need to know for definite the numbers - i'm getting tempted at the price for a 600. Just struggling to justify it to myself being out of work.

(mentioned to my g/f that it would be a nice birthday present ....... what do you think the chance of that coming off ???)

[Edited on 9/7/10 by MikeR]

hobbsy - 9/7/10 at 09:46 AM

I'm going to speakto omex today about my application. If it's all good then I think I'll be going for a 600 or 710. Don't do the GB without me!

Strontium Dog - 9/7/10 at 03:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bimbleuk
Whoever is supplying the OMEX ECUs is selling them at cost or less! As the list price for a 710 ECU is £845.00 + VAT. OMEX rarely do group buys from forums unless the cars are all exactly the same spec and even then they would only knock 10% off the price. So I would varify the price on the 710 personally.

If it's a 3rd party getting rid of stock then great but the prices just sound too good to me. I don't recall them ever having any difficulty selling all the ECUs they can make.

If you need verification from OMEX about any deals I'll be with Andrew (he now manages the daily operations) and Alan (Workshop and shipping) over the weekend. They race F2 stock cars at Standlake arena.

Please feel free to check up on what we are saying. I am merely the messenger but here is the text I got off Antony today when I told him of your concerns

"Can't access the threads until I register with my £5 fee. Theses are the figures emailed to me and have been confirmed".

Antony has not registered I presume because he does not come on here and is organising this across other clubs that he does take a more active part in! For my part I'm just trying to help out by passing on the chance to buy cheaply to members of this forum too!

Regards, Si.

Strontium Dog - 9/7/10 at 03:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
When do you need to know for definite the numbers - i'm getting tempted at the price for a 600. Just struggling to justify it to myself being out of work.

(mentioned to my g/f that it would be a nice birthday present ....... what do you think the chance of that coming off ???)

[Edited on 9/7/10 by MikeR]

You'd best do the washing up for a while I'd say.

We definately have enough people in this to do the group buy so the best thing is for those interested to complete the list I started so we can see who really wants one and what they want! Just cut and paste the list into your reply and add your info! Simples!

1. Strontium Dog (Omex 600)
2. Criddy (Omex 600)

[Edited on 9/7/10 by Strontium Dog]

[Edited on 9/7/10 by Strontium Dog]

Raymond Y - 10/7/10 at 08:52 AM

I am really interested in this bulk buy as I was planning to try and pick up a second hand Omex 600. However, I would like to understand the order, payment and delivery logistics before I commit.

Many thanks for taking the time to set this bulk buy up.

Raymond

jeffw - 11/7/10 at 07:50 AM

I'm interested but I'd need to know who the kit is being order from and I'd need to pay by credit card just incase to all goes badly wrong.

Mal - 13/7/10 at 07:03 AM

I'm interested in a 600. Since I will not be able to use it for several months the discount will need to be attractive for me to spend the money in advance.
I would also want a loom plug and pins.

Cheers,

Mal

omega0684 - 14/7/10 at 05:41 PM

im definately in at that price, i will need to know payment details as well, as i will need to pay on credit card also.

i would recommend giving the seller our log on names from the forum and then giving us their details and we can ewach ring up and pay individually. if you set a pay by date, say the end of a specific week, then everyone has the oppotunity to cough up within 5 days? just a thought?

Criddy - 19/7/10 at 12:32 PM

Finally contributed....

Ok Guys can we get some final figures for what you want to order in way of looms ecu's etc

1: Criddy Omex 600
2: Srontium Dog Omex 600

Strontium Dog - 19/7/10 at 03:55 PM

Just so you all know, Criddy is Antony who is the guy who has sorted out the keen prices on these ECU's!

I'll paste the list so far again here and if all people who genuinely want an ECU etc could cut and paste and add their names that would be helpful as we really need to know who's in so we can sort the order out!

2. Criddy (Omex 600)

[Edited on 19/7/10 by Strontium Dog]

damdy-cash - 19/7/10 at 03:59 PM

thanks very much for your effort guys. Would be more than great if you could answer the open question regarding payment etc.

cheers Volker

Criddy - 19/7/10 at 10:24 PM

Happy to supply user names from Forum and I can arrange this with the seller I'm sure as they've been very accomodating so far. So if thats what the majority want I will arrange this

Regards,
Ant

Strontium Dog - 22/7/10 at 02:03 PM

Right then, I'll ask again!

Antony has I believe sorted this so you can pay directly to the supplier via credit card. We need NAMES ON LISTplease so we can get the deal confirmed and do the business as it where!

Please put your names down so we can proceed. If you have any problem or further questions then feel free to PM Antony (Username "Criddy" ) or myself.

2. Criddy (Omex 600)

Cheers, Si.

Raymond Y - 22/7/10 at 06:30 PM

2. Criddy (Omex 600)
5. Raymond Y (Omex 600 + Semi Loom-£531.22)

omega0684 - 22/7/10 at 09:01 PM

come on guys, get your names down i need mine ASAP!

hobbsy - 23/7/10 at 01:58 AM

Sorry to have shown an interest and then bail but I think my turbo project is being delayed until winter and even then I think I can achieve what I need with an add-on to my PowerCommander. I previously thought the hub was only compatible with the latest PowerCommander V. This works out a lot cheaper and minimises dyno time.

Good luck with the GB anyway - I know what's it like to try and organise one.

Strontium Dog - 26/7/10 at 09:59 AM

2. Criddy (Omex 600)
6. Billbro (omex600 + loom)

Come on guys, get your names down so we can complete the deal. These are keen prices that you are unlikely to get outside of a group buy and you can pay by card so your purchase is safe!

jeffw - 26/7/10 at 10:57 AM

I've been able to get hold of a cheap Emerald so I'll not be taking part in the group buy.

omega0684 - 26/7/10 at 09:13 PM

has there been any reponse from the other forum?

have you tried posting on the westfield of caterham forums?

Piers14 - 27/7/10 at 10:24 AM

Hi all, Clairetoo put me on to this bulk buy as Claire has kindly agreed to build me a throttle body setup for my KL-ZE engine.
I hope this BB goes through quite quickly as I need to get the project started ASAP..

Thanks.. Piers

2. Criddy (Omex 600)
7. Piers14 (Omex 710 + Loom)

Criddy - 30/7/10 at 05:50 PM

Guys not many to go now before we reach the magic 10

omega0684 - 31/7/10 at 07:48 PM

come on guys, Criddy do you know if we have had any luck on other forums?

Strontium Dog - 31/7/10 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
come on guys, Criddy do you know if we have had any luck on other forums?

I've been chasing up some others but for some reason they have all gone quite! These are such a bargain to so I don't understand why this is the only site where people are genuinely interested. We are nearly there though!

omega0684 - 31/7/10 at 08:00 PM

do you think you could have a word with the supplier and see if the seven that have already put our names down can get ours? i could really do with mine by the end of next week.

Strontium Dog - 31/7/10 at 08:11 PM

For that you'll need to talk to Antony but if they will let me pay for a second one in a month or so I'll take two which gets us closer!

Criddy - 1/8/10 at 07:44 AM

Have placed a final post on another site and also spoken to the supplier and its 10 or nothing by the sound of things. Hopefully we'll get there

SteveSEIW2000S - 2/8/10 at 09:59 AM

I am in also, need a 600 with loom

2. Criddy (Omex 600)
8. SteveSEIW2000S (Omex 600 + Loom)

Steve

[Edited on 2/8/10 by SteveSEIW2000S]

MarkFRST - 2/8/10 at 03:18 PM

Hi,
I have just joined here, i cam across as Raymond Y posted a link to here on Westfield Sports car club, can i put my name down for a Omex 600 + semi Loom?
I will probably need 2 as my friend with a Dax Rush is also wanting one....do i need to do anything to be allowed to Purchase in this scheme?

Thanks

omega0684 - 3/8/10 at 08:44 AM

^^^^^^^

Mark (Noobie) Just quote the list above and edit it to put the 2 names, yourself and your mate,in under 9 & 10

Criddy/ Strontium Dog: i believe that makes 10!

[Edited on 3/8/10 by omega0684]

MarkFRST - 3/8/10 at 12:04 PM

2. Criddy (Omex 600)
9. MarkFRST(Omex 600 + Semi loom(£52.88) + Aux loom(£7.93) ) - might want full loom( will check )
10. Neil R ( Friend of mine ) Omex 600 + Semi Loom + Aux loom

omega0684 - 3/8/10 at 12:22 PM

Mark, what is the auxillery loom?

MarkFRST - 3/8/10 at 01:01 PM

Quote from Omex website - (If you wish to control an air bypass valve or use any of the auxiliary functions, the Aux Wire Pack is needed.)

Also for things like Launch control and full throttle gearchanges etc

How do we go about paying by card and delivery details etc

Strontium Dog - 3/8/10 at 04:31 PM

Great stuff, we have our ten required names! I've sent a message to Antony so we can crack on with this!

omega0684 - 3/8/10 at 04:32 PM

is it possible you can get a full list of what is available and prices please?

Criddy - 3/8/10 at 10:09 PM

Hey guy's just sent the preliminary info to the dealer and will get in touch with you all again shortly

Piers14 - 4/8/10 at 10:40 AM

Great stuff.. I need one in a hurry...

jim_l - 4/8/10 at 11:21 PM

Just wanted to register my genuine interest in this, followed Ray's link from WSCC.

Already have full loom but with aging MBE ECU so need to talk to OMEX about simplest way to connect the OMEX to existing loom.

Brother bought a 600 from OMEX and got excellent support from them .

petrol.Head - 5/8/10 at 08:23 PM

I am interested in an Omex 600 plus loom.

Can you keep me posted

omega0684 - 8/8/10 at 09:15 AM

how far are we along on this one chaps, ideally i need to be ringing them and ordering mine on Monday morning!

Can you let me know please!

mrwibble - 8/8/10 at 09:54 AM

count me in please

2. Criddy (Omex 600)
9. MarkFRST(Omex 600 + Semi loom(£52.88) + Aux loom(£7.93) ) - might want full loom( will check )
10. Neil R ( Friend of mine ) Omex 600 + Semi Loom + Aux loom
11.Mrwibble 600 + loom?

anyone tell me what i'd need in addition to a Eddie's "superloom" to get my motor going?

oh and i'd need to pay by credit card into someones paypal account

[Edited on 8/8/10 by mrwibble]

[Edited on 8/8/10 by mrwibble]

Criddy - 8/8/10 at 08:48 PM

Ok guys, nearly there, apologies for those that have had to wait for others. Those that are asking for a full loom we assume you mean an OMEX harness, which will be £200.92. So can we just get final confirmation so I can finalise everything please as we seem to keep gaining the odd name and I need to send user names to the company for confirmation of who's buying. Individual payments are fine and can be made to the company on credit card through payPal

omega0684 - 8/8/10 at 08:50 PM

1) omega0684 - Omex 600 ECU, Full Omex Wiring Harness, Air Temp Sensor & Water Temp Sensor.

Strontium Dog - 8/8/10 at 09:26 PM

1) omega0684 - Omex 600 ECU, Full Omex Wiring Harness, Air Temp Sensor & Water Temp Sensor.
2) Strontium Dog - Omex 600 ECU

Raymond Y - 8/8/10 at 09:43 PM

2) Strontium Dog - Omex 600 ECU.
3) Raymond Y (Omex 600 + Semi Loom-£531.22)

Piers14 - 8/8/10 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Y
4) Piers14 - Omex 710 & Semi Assembled Loom

I need to order this early next week...

[Edited on 8/8/10 by Piers14]

[Edited on 8/8/10 by Piers14]

omega0684 - 8/8/10 at 09:55 PM

stick you user name on the list piers

Piers14 - 8/8/10 at 10:31 PM

Oops. Thanks for the reminder..

mrwibble - 9/8/10 at 10:26 AM

5)Mrwibble omex 600 ecu only

Billbro - 9/8/10 at 01:13 PM

6)Bilbro - Omex 600 + Semi Loom

Criddy - 9/8/10 at 07:44 PM

7)criddy-omex 600 ecu

MarkFRST - 10/8/10 at 07:51 AM

7)criddy-omex 600 ecu
8) MarkFRST(Omex 600(£478.34 + Semi loom(£52.88) + Aux loom(£7.93) ) = £539.15
9) Neil R ( Friend of mine ) Omex 600 + Semi Loom + Aux loom = £539.15

SteveSEIW2000S - 10/8/10 at 08:37 AM

Looks like we are there !!

7)criddy-omex 600 ecu
10) SteveSEIW2000S Omex 600 + Semi Loom + Aux loom = £539.15

omega0684 - 10/8/10 at 09:44 AM

great we have all 10 again!

Criddy - 10/8/10 at 06:12 PM

Sorry about doing that guys needed to confirm definate numbers. Just awaiting payment details for payPal for the supplier

Criddy - 11/8/10 at 12:37 PM

Pay details are now here Wong with contact details. Please mark yourself off when you've paid
OK no problem.

Paypal account to use is jon@shawspeed.com

Contact numbers are as below although I am working in a workshop in Chester at the mo and the mobile signal is poor to say the least. Landline and answerphone is probably the best.

Cheers

Jon Sharples

ShawSpeed Kit Cars Ltd

83 Thelwall New Road
Thelwall
Warrington
WA4 2HX

Tel:   01925 265102
Fax:  087171 46094
Mob: 07740 173424

www.shawspeed.com

omega0684 - 12/8/10 at 10:09 AM

No.1 Bought and paid for!

MikeR - 12/8/10 at 10:39 AM

random questions - what happens if one of the people in the 10 drops out? does the bulk buy suddenly stop?

Also, what if someone else decides they want to benefit from the bulk buy price, can they get added in?

T66 - 12/8/10 at 04:51 PM

Am I too late to join in with this group buy ?

Need to clarify a few things first, but am interested,

????

Criddy - 12/8/10 at 08:36 PM

No it's not too late to join the group buy at all. please just contact and pay Jon at Shawspeed and metion that you are part of the group but organised by Criddy

Piers14 - 13/8/10 at 01:25 PM

Paid... Great deal...

4) Piers14 - Omex 710 & Semi Assembled Loom PAID
7)criddy-omex 600 ecu

[Edited on 13/8/10 by Piers14]

mrwibble - 13/8/10 at 02:17 PM

paid.

NeilR - 13/8/10 at 03:27 PM

NeilR Paid.

7)criddy-omex 600 ecu
9) Neil R Omex 710 + Semi Loom. PAID

omega0684 - 13/8/10 at 06:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NeilR
NeilR Paid.

1) omega0684 - Omex 600 ECU, Full Omex Wiring Harness, Air Temp Sensor & Water Temp Sensor. ----> PAID
7)criddy-omex 600 ecu

Raymond Y - 13/8/10 at 08:09 PM

Raymond Y - PAID

1) omega0684 - Omex 600 ECU, Full Omex Wiring Harness, Air Temp Sensor & Water Temp Sensor. ----> PAID
3) Raymond Y (Omex 600 + Semi Loom-£531.22) - PAID
7)criddy-omex 600 ecu

mrwibble - 14/8/10 at 09:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Y
Raymond Y - PAID

5)Mrwibble omex 600 ecu only PAID
7)criddy-omex 600 ecu

Raymond Y - 15/8/10 at 08:01 PM

Come on guys get your money paid. The man has done us a good deal, the least we can do is pay up promptly. Criddy, Strontium Dog etc????

Raymond Y

7)criddy-omex 600 ecu

mrwibble - 16/8/10 at 10:45 AM

i agree, lets get this paid and sorted please chaps. Its daunting handing over this kind of money via this kind of arrangement.

Strontium Dog - 16/8/10 at 11:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mrwibble
i agree, lets get this paid and sorted please chaps. Its daunting handing over this kind of money via this kind of arrangement.

Er, and why is it daunting? You have paid by card haven't you and it's not like Antony or I have taken the money is it?

Anyway, I have been up all night with the person I full time care for and I am shattered. I will get to the bank as soon as I can and will pay today or tomorrow. In the mean time, "chill Winston". It took long enough to get 10 people to sign up for this, and a couple more days is not the end of the world.

Sorry if some of you are desperate, but the great discount should make it worth the small wait now we are under way

Cheers Si.

mrwibble - 16/8/10 at 11:49 AM

its daunting because i dont know any of you!

Criddy - 16/8/10 at 02:45 PM

I appreciate what is being said about it being daunting but if you check out shawspeeds website (they have one) they are a well reputed company that you will have paid your money to

Billbro - 16/8/10 at 06:01 PM

6)Bilbro - Omex 600 + Semi Loom - PAID
7)criddy-omex 600 ecu

MarkFRST - 18/8/10 at 08:42 AM

Omex ECUs

7)criddy-omex 600 ecu
8) MarkFRST(Omex 600-£478.34 + Semi loom(£52.88) + Aux loom(£7.93) ) = £539.15 --> PAID

Criddy - 18/8/10 at 10:45 PM

So has anyone yet recieved there items? if so would really liek some feedback as I'm paying for mine tomorrow and don't want people feeling let down. Omega, you made quite an order what was the full loom like?

omega0684 - 19/8/10 at 07:25 AM

haven't recieved mine yet, i have had an e-mail conversation with Jon though, still waiting with anticipation!

andyw7de - 19/8/10 at 10:37 AM

Am I too late !!

omega0684 - 19/8/10 at 10:39 AM

jon's details are earlier in the thread, you may have to give him a call and see if he can help you.

Strontium Dog - 19/8/10 at 11:14 AM

After a slight hiccup with my bank and closing times I have now managed to pay up!

2) Strontium Dog - Omex 600 ECU. - PAID
7)criddy-omex 600 ecu
8) MarkFRST(Omex 600-£478.34 + Semi loom(£52.88) + Aux loom(£7.93) ) = £539.15 --> PAID

[Edited on 19/8/10 by Strontium Dog]

Raymond Y - 20/8/10 at 08:09 PM

Jon has advised the following on Thursday when I enquired about anticipated delivery dates.

"The order with Omex was placed on Monday. They anticipated units being built by Wednesday for despatch Thursday. I anticipate receipt tomorrow and despatch tomorrow/Monday dependant upon time of receipt."

Raymond Y

Criddy - 22/8/10 at 06:56 PM

2) Strontium Dog - Omex 600 ECU. - PAID
7)criddy-omex 600 ecu PAID

Criddy - 22/8/10 at 06:59 PM

Thats 9 paid guys. Lets make sure we get the 10 that we promised. Anyone else who is wishing to purchase is more then welcome. Please just add your details to the list and contact Jon@shawspeed who will help you with the rest if you need any help. The group buy I've managed to organise here was an unbelievable price and most people can't even buy them in for resale at this price!

omega0684 - 22/8/10 at 08:28 PM

spoken to jon this evening and he informs me that he spoke to OMEX on friday and ordered some of them (im assuming everyone that has paid)

he says that he is expecting the delivery of ecu's etc on monday or tuesday this week coming so we should start receiving presents sometime this late this week.

will keep you all posted if i hear anymore info!

Strontium Dog - 22/8/10 at 09:29 PM

I just wish I had an engine to put mine on

Mr. Omega, do you feel like the kitty in your avatar?

omega0684 - 23/8/10 at 09:03 AM

quote:
Mr. Omega, do you feel like the kitty in your avatar?

on some occassions for sure!

Criddy - 23/8/10 at 09:16 PM

Be good kitty..... lol

For the price we got them for (near enough stole them) I'M HAPPY TO WAIT! Just looking to find an item for my next group buy now. I love to haggle and get a good bargain. People didn't even believe I'd get these anywhere near this price

omega0684 - 23/8/10 at 09:43 PM

how about a set up of protech shocks and fitting day at procomp?

eddie99 - 23/8/10 at 09:48 PM

Setup day at Procomp maybe?

sergebelg - 24/8/10 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Criddy
Thats 9 paid guys. Lets make sure we get the 10 that we promised. Anyone else who is wishing to purchase is more then welcome.

Is it too late to join the groupbuy ? If it's still "open", then I would be interested in :
- one OMEX 600 ecu
- one semi loom
Thank you

SteveSEIW2000S - 24/8/10 at 09:15 AM

I am the last of the original 10 for the group buy (apologies as I have been to the other end of the world on business)

I tried to get hold of John yesterday to make payment but no answer. Has anyone spoken to John in the last couple of days or maybe he is on hols.

Strontium Dog - 24/8/10 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SteveSEIW2000S
I am the last of the original 10 for the group buy (apologies as I have been to the other end of the world on business)

I tried to get hold of John yesterday to make payment but no answer. Has anyone spoken to John in the last couple of days or maybe he is on hols.

Keep trying and leave a voicemail. Jon is very busy and rarely answers the phone. If you don't get anywhere let me know and I'll email Suzi (wifey) and get her to hassle him for you!

Strontium Dog - 24/8/10 at 10:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sergebelg
quote:
Thats 9 paid guys. Lets make sure we get the 10 that we promised. Anyone else who is wishing to purchase is more then welcome.

Is it too late to join the groupbuy ? If it's still "open", then I would be interested in :
- one OMEX 600 ecu
- one semi loom
Thank you

As we haven't finished yet your in with a chance. You need to phone Jon at Shawspeed and tell him and hopefully he will include you. As in the post above though, you may need to keep trying and leave your no. Jon will get back to you when he can!

Strontium Dog - 24/8/10 at 10:40 AM

This will have to be closed soon so if there is anyone else then please say now or forever wish you had!

[Edited on 24/8/10 by Strontium Dog]

sergebelg - 24/8/10 at 01:35 PM

quote:
This will have to be closed soon so if there is anyone else then please say now or forever wish you had!

[Edited on 24/8/10 by Strontium Dog]

I have just sent an email to Jon at Shawspeed...

beaver34 - 24/8/10 at 05:00 PM

as above, keep trying ive spoke to him today so he is around just busy

omega0684 - 24/8/10 at 07:58 PM

you might be out of luck, i have had an e-mail from jon saying that he has recieved said items from Omex today and they will be posted out tomorrow! YAY!

Criddy - 25/8/10 at 07:38 PM

Group Buy now CLOSED unless you have heard back from Jon with regards to contact made before today

sergebelg - 26/8/10 at 09:13 AM

Phew !
I am the last one then !

omega0684 - 26/8/10 at 09:51 AM

I have just got a big down box turn up on my desk @ work and i bet you can't guess what was inside!!!!!!!

Didn't get any sensors in my loom though not to worry

A BIG THANKS TO ALL PARTIES INVOLVED IN SORTING OUT THIS BULK BUY!

Hope you all get yours soon!

[Edited on 26/8/10 by omega0684]

SteveSEIW2000S - 26/8/10 at 10:53 AM

Still no luck in getting through, I spoke to a lady yesterday and asked for a call back from Jon.

Hope I haven't missed out on the GB as I was the last one on the original list

Raymond Y - 26/8/10 at 05:00 PM

Just got in from work and there is a big brown box from Shawspeed waiting to be opened.

Thanks again Criddy.

Raymond Y

Criddy - 26/8/10 at 05:26 PM

Not a worry guys, THANK YOU ALL for your patients and for joining in so that we could all get the bargains we got. I'm still getting people question the amount paid as they say their suppliers can't buy them in for that money but as obvious from this post IT CAN BE DONE!
I'm now looking around to arrange another group buy but not sure on what yet. I have my shocks now and got them very cheap so it won't be those....

Look forward to speaking to you all again soon

Regards,
Anthony

Piers14 - 26/8/10 at 10:28 PM

Brilliant, thanks.. Package arrived today.. Great group buy.. Thanks for all your effort..

Piers

Billbro - 27/8/10 at 07:58 AM

Package arrived yesterday. Looks good and at a great price.
Thank you for the group buy.
Bill.

mrwibble - 27/8/10 at 01:27 PM

many thanks for organizing this

Criddy - 4/9/10 at 04:00 PM

Just a quick post to ensure everyone has recieved there order safely

Raymond Y - 4/9/10 at 04:39 PM

Yes Criddy, received ok.
Raymond

Strontium Dog - 4/9/10 at 07:34 PM

Er, no actually! No sign of mine yet or the bell housing. I left a message a couple of days ago but not had any response yet

Criddy - 5/9/10 at 09:36 PM

Strontium, he didn't have your address but has picked up your message friday for your address and will be sending out on tuesday

sergebelg - 6/9/10 at 03:18 PM

I am the last on the list, I am in contact with Jon, Money transfered. So far so good

Strontium Dog - 8/9/10 at 12:27 AM

quote:
Strontium, he didn't have your address but has picked up your message friday for your address and will be sending out on tuesday

Ah! I thought that would be it as I don't remember ever giving it to him and I know he is very busy so totally understand. .

Did you ask if he's sending the bell housing to me or to you? I have some new engines here and another one coming so I need to get yours in your car which means fabricating the mounts next time you are over! Should be able to run it up soon after that on your new ecu

Criddy - 8/9/10 at 05:35 PM

Bell housing arrived today and will be sending it to myself. I also have confirmation that your goods are packaged and on their way

Criddy - 8/9/10 at 05:39 PM

Sorry should add (arrived at Shawspeed) to that last post. Thank you all for making the group buy a great success and paying promptly