Board logo

FS: triumph speed four
cd.thomson - 18/5/11 at 03:43 PM

Sorry for spamming the for sale board today with two separate posts.. I'm shockingly poor!

I'm selling my bike (still/again) which is a 600cc triumph speed four 13k miles - £1400 ono

First the bad points: I have dropped it and so did a previous owner. Originally the bike was high-sided with only damage to the fairing which was fully repaired and the scratch on the side of the engine casing as shown. It received a fair respray by the owner before me into the orange colour it is now. I then bought it last december for £1800.

Since then I put the bike on the floor at a petrol station, giving it a few scraps and breaking off the RHS mountings for the bikini fairing that sits above the lights.

These cosmetic issues aside I cannot praise the bike more highly. It runs and rides sweetly, starts on the button every time and has been completely faultless in the 6 months I've owned it. I've used it for commuting mainly (through laziness) and I think its about time I got a push bike to cover the short distance to uni!

Taxed and tested until december/november. Comes with a selection of paperwork.

Will include a nearly full can of chain lube, a spare oil filter and my RST textile jacket if you want it.

Test rides welcome, I don't need to see any certificates but I will want your agreed offer in my hand as insurance.

I can be contacted on here or on 07432642268

Dangle_kt - 18/5/11 at 06:58 PM

lovely bike. wish I had the cash! Its on my list after the kit has gone...

Peteff - 18/5/11 at 07:59 PM

Has it been written off, what year plate is it on, what colour was it before it was orange? All the other usual questions that spring to mind

[Edited on 18/5/11 by Peteff]

cd.thomson - 18/5/11 at 09:55 PM

Sorry Pete, as always - ask away!

Its not been written off, its marked as orange on the V5 and there are no signs of it ever being a different colour, (the previous owner stated that he'd tried to match the colour as closely as possible to the original triumph orange) and its a 51 plate