Board logo

LB T-Shirts ON SALE (Yes, in the shop!!)
ChrisW - 13/11/12 at 11:42 AM

Get your official LB t-shirts here:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/shop.php

These are currently PRE-ORDER. Depending on how well they sell I'll place the order some time before the end of November. If I get enough orders I'd like to do it earlier of course.

The price is currently the same as the last batch 18 months ago. However once I've placed the order I will be putting the price up to cover my risk of buying more stock than has been ordered ie just in case I get left with any.

Absolute worst case scenario I guarantee to have them with you by Christmas.

Chris

mookaloid - 13/11/12 at 11:55 AM

I want a mug

ChrisW - 13/11/12 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
I want a mug

OK, let me see what I can do....

Chris

NigeEss - 13/11/12 at 12:11 PM

Shop ?? as in THE shop

I'd like a mug as well

ChrisW - 13/11/12 at 12:19 PM

OK, I can do mugs! Just got to decide on colour as it starts getting expensive (and complicated) if I want more than one colour so it's not really practical unless I get 150 printed.

'Racing' green with yellow print sound ok to everyone?

Price for a decent quality mug is going to be £5-6 by the look of things by the time I buy suitable packaging and cover the postage.

Chris

mcerd1 - 13/11/12 at 12:26 PM

the big question with the mugs is - are they big enough ?

ChrisW - 13/11/12 at 12:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
the big question with the mugs is - are they big enough ?

The problem with bigger ones is posting them. You can buy polystyrene mailers which would make them safe to post, but the biggest mug I could find that fits in the mailer is 330ml.

I'd have preferred slightly bigger but by the time I get suitable boxes, packaging materials, and allow for the time to do it all the price would go up a fair bit.

Chris

wombat - 13/11/12 at 12:33 PM

Ordered and paid for two thx

ChrisW - 13/11/12 at 12:34 PM

First order received.... thanks Wombat!

Hopefully that's got the ball rolling for the rest of you!

Chris

ChrisW - 13/11/12 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wombat
Ordered and paid for two thx

You just beat me!

Chris

monck - 13/11/12 at 12:36 PM

I always wanted a T-shirt ill order one tonight

monck - 13/11/12 at 12:49 PM

Done

wombat - 13/11/12 at 12:58 PM

Gonna post a picture wearing it up a mountain in 2013..

mookaloid - 13/11/12 at 12:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
OK, I can do mugs! Just got to decide on colour as it starts getting expensive (and complicated) if I want more than one colour so it's not really practical unless I get 150 printed.

'Racing' green with yellow print sound ok to everyone?

Price for a decent quality mug is going to be £5-6 by the look of things by the time I buy suitable packaging and cover the postage.

Chris

For that sort of money I'd have 2 - although green on yellow would look good too

Cheers

M

NigeEss - 13/11/12 at 01:08 PM

Yellow on green (mug) get my thumbs up.
Two please.

welderman - 13/11/12 at 04:40 PM

Any news on the mugs ?

twybrow - 13/11/12 at 04:50 PM

Ordered a sticker whilst the shop was open! Already have a t-shirt from the last round!

ChrisW - 13/11/12 at 05:34 PM

Mugs now available in the shop. Sorry my price estimate was a bit on the low side - it's all down to postage (weight) and suitable packaging to stop them getting broken.

Chris

NigeEss - 13/11/12 at 07:24 PM

Two mugs ordered

bob - 13/11/12 at 08:58 PM

Yellow on green mmnnnnn

I was thinking black on light blue like the title header.

bob - 13/11/12 at 09:05 PM

Mug sticker and T shirt ordered.

Many thanks chris.

mookaloid - 13/11/12 at 10:23 PM

2 mugs ordered - hope they look better in the flesh than the mock up!

ChrisW - 14/11/12 at 08:55 PM

quote:
2 mugs ordered - hope they look better in the flesh than the mock up!

So do I! My photoshop skills leave a LOT to be desired!!

Chris

ReMan - 14/11/12 at 09:08 PM

My mugs paid for
Another to add to our mug cupboard of no two mugs the same

ChrisW - 18/11/12 at 09:33 PM

Come on boys and girls! I need to sell a fair few more of these to meet the minimum order levels. You know you want them!!

Chris

ReMan - 18/11/12 at 11:23 PM

<blink> SHOP! </blink> ?

mcerd1 - 19/11/12 at 09:26 AM

2 more mugs ordered

welderman - 19/11/12 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Come on boys and girls! I need to sell a fair few more of these to meet the minimum order levels. You know you want them!!

Chris

Whats the minumum on the mugs how far short are we ?

i might have a few more

ChrisW - 19/11/12 at 12:11 PM

Minimum is 75 I think, and I'll just about break even on that. I was hoping for 150 to get to the next price break and generate a few quid for the server move that I have looming.

Chris

welderman - 19/11/12 at 01:13 PM

Another 10 mugs ordered

ChrisW - 19/11/12 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welderman
Another 10 mugs ordered

Nice one Joe. You must drink a lot of tea!!

Chris

welderman - 19/11/12 at 01:27 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by welderman
Another 10 mugs ordered

Nice one Joe. You must drink a lot of tea!!

Chris

hehe im always up for a cup of tea, this will save on washing up for a couple of days lol, then bung them all in the dish washer at night

mazie - 26/11/12 at 10:59 AM

Just ordered a Mug, gunna get the Mrs to buy me a T-shirt for Christmas.

Spud1985 - 26/11/12 at 06:39 PM

T-shirt and a sticker ordered

PAUL FISHER - 26/11/12 at 07:01 PM

T shirt and a mug ordered

ChrisW - 29/11/12 at 05:17 PM

Last chance people! I think we're going to be close on the minimum numbers unless a few more get ordered!

Chris

jps - 29/11/12 at 05:51 PM

Just seen this thread, will be ordering tomorrow when I'm at a desktop...

Xtreme Kermit - 29/11/12 at 06:48 PM

Thanks for the reminder.

Two tee shirts ordered!

ChrisL - 29/11/12 at 08:45 PM

T shirt ordered, highlight of my day getting into the shop!

andy188 - 29/11/12 at 09:27 PM

2 t shirts and sticker ordered, thanks

andy

jps - 1/12/12 at 03:22 PM

A day late but a t-shirt and a mug ordered :-D

mds167 - 1/12/12 at 05:20 PM

I'd forgotten I'd done it but had ordered a T-shirt (same as last one - green with yellow) and a mug!
Will I forget about them again before the postie arrives?!

ChrisW - 11/12/12 at 09:59 AM

I'm afraid to report that we're nowhere near the numbers needed to get a t-shirt order done. Even if I was to take a risk and order double the number sold the minimum quantities are still a fair way off.

The mugs are a bit closer, I would take a risk on the minimum quantity of those and hope that with a decent photo some more would sell. I'm going to phone the company producing them today and see what they say about a low-value order.

So where does this leave us? I think my only option at present is to refund all the t-shirt orders. It's a regrettable situation but I'm just not in a position to take that kind of risk at the moment.

Of course, if anyone has any bright ideas about how to double the number of orders in the next 24 hours (to meet the Christmas deadline) I'm all ears!

Cheers, Chris

jps - 11/12/12 at 01:37 PM

Chris, personally I'm happy with you refunding, for all of it if necessary, wouldn't want you to be fronting your own money just so i can have a mug... No bright idea on upping orders though, sorry!

welderman - 11/12/12 at 03:30 PM

maybe if we keep this at the top of the page some folk out there will see it

mookaloid - 11/12/12 at 05:20 PM

I would be happy to double my mug order if it helps

PAUL FISHER - 11/12/12 at 06:17 PM

quote:

Yes I am with mook on this, if it helps Chris, WE don't what you to take the risk, I will have two mugs inplace of one mug, and one T shirt as ordered for what ive paided already, I would be more than happy, I think we all appreciate the work you have done to get this offer to us locostbuilders, its not your fault on the poor take up, I can always give the extra mug to one of my mates from locostbuilder for christmas , Thanks Paul

ReMan - 11/12/12 at 08:54 PM

quote:

Of course, if anyone has any bright ideas about how to double the number of orders in the next 24 hours (to meet the Christmas deadline) I'm all ears!

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris, as I muted perhaps to cryptically before, I can only suggest that you give these a much bigger presence on the front page.
I think your perfectly within your right to do so and I don't think anyone should be offended, as much as touting is limited to a sensible level here.
I'm sure that whilst there are a hard core of us that frequent so often as to not often miss a post as it pops on and then off the front page, there are the other 90% that look now and then and given the exclusivity and rarity of the shop being open, could easily miss this opportunity.

I'm sure you have the skills, so how about a big flashing Xmas (or otherwise) "Shop open, buy your goodies now" sign on the front page.
And why not spam all the registered emails too, I'm sure a sensitively worded promotion email would not go amiss and if it did, well, good riddance to bad rubbish :-)

My twopenneth
Cheers (10%) Colin

ReMan - 11/12/12 at 10:01 PM

quote:

=Me too

Spud1985 - 12/12/12 at 06:24 PM

No further ideas for increasing numbers.

But a front page advert for the shop may help as suggested above. I for one miss updates to this thread and initially only accidentally stumbled upon on it the other week.

I hope you can get numbers up as I for one was looking forward to my Locostbuilder t-shirt.

What about upping the price? Or submit the design to a certain online bespoke t-shirt maker and seller where you earn £1 for every t-shirt sold, no initial layout but money coming in for the club when members purchase the items (they also do mugs).

ChrisW - 15/12/12 at 01:45 PM

So what's the general consensus on this? Do people want refunds or would you prefer to wait and see if we get any more orders in the new year?

Chris

RichardK - 15/12/12 at 02:08 PM

I know my lad (killer) had ordered me 1 for him to fetch over as my Christmas present but he can just make it my birthday present in June, so I don't mind waiting.

Cheers

R

renetom - 15/12/12 at 03:55 PM

Hi
This was to be a xmas presi which I was taking to the states.
So I would like a refund please
Thanks
René

wombat - 15/12/12 at 05:16 PM

Happy to wait.
But if the world ends on the 21st December, it doesn't matter anyway ;-)

Spud1985 - 15/12/12 at 08:36 PM

Happy to wait for the T-Shirt and for more numbers.

But I wouldn't mind the sticker I ordered being sent out.

And if it all ends up not coming together the £8 the t-shirt cost you can keep and readdress it as a donation to the site

NigeEss - 15/12/12 at 11:48 PM

Also happy to wait but also happy to order two more mugs if it helps.

welderman - 16/12/12 at 12:23 AM

I can wait for all my mugs lol

pstirz - 16/12/12 at 07:09 PM

I've no problem waiting.

bob - 17/12/12 at 07:30 PM

I've just payed the credit card so no worries i dont mind waiting for more orders.

ReMan - 17/12/12 at 07:51 PM

Yea whenever

twybrow - 3/1/13 at 10:28 PM

Chris - when are the stickers going to be sent out?

Strontium Dog - 15/1/13 at 12:14 PM

I've only just seen this. I want my T shirt my old one is getting really tatty and I'll soon have nothing left to wear! (Throws toys out of pram!) ...........Oh well, no worries, I'll just have to wait like everyone else, Lol

Spud1985 - 15/1/13 at 12:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
Chris - when are the stickers going to be sent out?

Chris, any update on the stickers and when they will be delivered? It's one of my winter mods!!!

JacksAvon - 27/1/13 at 09:04 PM

Any baseball caps?

bob - 4/2/13 at 09:28 PM

What are the chances of this actually working out, have any more orders been placed.

twybrow - 24/2/13 at 04:17 PM

Chris - are you ever sending these stickers out, or acknowledging these posts?

Duncan36 - 3/3/13 at 08:29 PM

I offered to print/embroider t-shirts, polo's, caps etc at a discounted price incase it was the sourcing that was a problem, but didn't get a response to my U2U

I could also offer a similar service I do to the RGB boys, which is an online shop to save them from having to collate all the orders. Chris is this appeals let me know

[Edited on 3/3/13 by Duncan36]

bob - 3/3/13 at 09:27 PM

If nothing's going to happen by the end of march i'll have my money back.

ChrisW - 4/3/13 at 01:06 PM

quote:
Chris - are you ever sending these stickers out, or acknowledging these posts?

Stickers that were ordered on their own have gone out*. If that was you and you've not received it, u2u me.

*Apart from one that was ordered this week that I haven't done yet.

Other than that, what do people want me to acknowledge? If people want a refund we can do that. If they want to hang on, we can do that. Last time I asked people wanted to wait, so that's what I'm doing. If that opinion has changed just let me know.

Chris

jps - 4/3/13 at 03:35 PM

It doesn't look like we are getting any closer to an order going in so I'll go refund please Chris. Thanks for your efforts though!

Xtreme Kermit - 5/3/13 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jps
It doesn't look like we are getting any closer to an order going in so I'll go refund please Chris. Thanks for your efforts though!

+1 for the refund if we are to going to get the required number.

Thanks also for your efforts Chris.

Spud1985 - 5/3/13 at 10:22 PM

I don't mind waiting for the tshirt but I would like the sticker I ordered sent out to me.

What about taking the offer from Duncan36?

Spud1985 - 22/3/13 at 08:27 PM

Chris what's the latest on this. Could you update us all please?

And could you send the sticker out I ordered?!

monck - 26/3/13 at 01:11 AM

Id also like a refund for the t-shirt as it doesn't seem we are getting any closer

i will order a sticker when im refunded instead

neilp1 - 30/3/13 at 12:07 AM

Yes refund for me also for mug & t-shirt please.

Spud1985 - 30/3/13 at 10:29 AM

As I've got no response to my post regarding the stickers being sent ou and the t-shirts seem to be a no goer. Can you issue me a full refund please.

mazie - 8/4/13 at 10:00 PM

Chris ordered the mug back on the 23rd of November and I'm yet to see it any ideas? :-)

mazie - 8/4/13 at 10:04 PM

My mistake I've just read back to the last page and seen the woes of minimum purchases! How far are we short as ill have a couple more for the office if it would help?

renetom - 9/4/13 at 06:04 AM

3rd time lucky
Can you please let me have a refund
for the T shirt.

[Edited on 9/4/13 by renetom]

Poorscousertommy - 11/4/13 at 09:23 AM

Hi Chris,

Any updates here? T shirt, mug (via the Mrs) and sticker ordered and paid for in November.. Visibility of how far away we are would be helpful..

If we need to secure orders for another 50 shirts, then I'd be hopeful a big push does the job.. If its 5000, then people may obviously take a different approach.

I know you dont do this for profit, so please dont think that this is to give you a hard time, but communication with the folks is always going to be helpful

Cheers

Spud1985 - 25/4/13 at 10:35 AM

Chris, still no response or refund. Please can you refund my order for the tshirt and sticker please.

wombat - 25/4/13 at 10:44 AM

Agree, a bit of feedback would be good now.
How many sold vs required quantities.

Suns out so its T Shirt weather :-)

vyperstrype - 25/4/13 at 12:26 PM

Hi Chris,
Still waiting for my Sticker in White which was paid for last October. Would there be any chance of it appearing maybe this year?

renetom - 25/4/13 at 04:23 PM

Hi Chris
what does it take to get a re-fund out of you ?
I have asked 3 times.
still no reply, no T shirt, no refund.
quick to ask for money with order .Text
Maybe 4th time???????????????????????????????.

pick - 25/4/13 at 06:08 PM

I'm in the same boat as above, ordered the sticker 2nd of March and no sign, I understand its only £4.95 but still.....

twybrow - 25/4/13 at 08:23 PM

And another - despite Chris assuring me 2 weeks ago... Still nothing. The bit that really grates is that he sent me an arsey message, and hasn't once had the decency to apologise. Not good Chris, not good.

bob - 28/4/13 at 07:19 PM

OK so i did say if nothing happens by the end of March i will have my money back ....... now the end of April so tap tap tap !!

1 x T-shirt
1 x Mug
1 x Sticker

£21.15 plus whatever postage

My debt collector is itching to get out ;-)

daviep - 6/5/13 at 06:45 PM

If the orders are not going to reach the required numbers I would be gratefull if you could also refund me please Chris.

Thanks
Davie

jps - 7/5/13 at 08:02 AM

I would also like a refund please. Let me know if you need any further details to be able to identify my transaction.

Alfa145 - 7/5/13 at 08:13 AM

Good luck!

Hope you all paid with Paypal/Credit cards...if so get the claims in

Spud1985 - 7/5/13 at 08:35 AM

There's now quite a few people wanting refunds. Would be nice if we had a reply / feedback from Chris to confirm if refunds will be given or goods sent out.

AndyW - 7/5/13 at 08:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alfa145
Good luck!

Hope you all paid with Paypal/Credit cards...if so get the claims in

Trouble is too much time has elapsed. Paypal has a restriction on the length of time you can claim. I think the only way is to contact credit card company and ask for a refund due to non supply.

I'm lucky.......

My T
My T

Duncan36 - 7/5/13 at 08:55 AM

My offer is still there to print the shirts and ship them out to save Chris the hassle of dealing with orders. If there was no copyright restriction i'd be tempted to do them and give all the profits to a cancer charity.

Matt_C - 7/5/13 at 09:09 AM

Oops, I have just ordered two t-shirts and then read this thread. Are people getting t-shirts / have any actually been produced? Or have I missed the band wagon on t-shirts?

Alfa145 - 7/5/13 at 09:16 AM

Starting to sound a little like GTS Tuning levels of service......

jps - 7/5/13 at 09:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matt_C
Oops, I have just ordered two t-shirts and then read this thread. Are people getting t-shirts / have any actually been produced? Or have I missed the band wagon on t-shirts?

I don't think anything has been produced, and refunds haven't been forthcoming either...

tcr - 8/5/13 at 12:56 AM

I bought a pair of LB stickers for the cars a month back , numerous emails and u2u messages not replied to ! Really didn't want to lodge a complaint with PayPal but can't see any other option

MakeEverything - 8/5/13 at 06:43 AM

Shocking really. Similar response to my "What did the whip round donations get spent on then Chris". No reply. Crook.

Alfa145 - 8/5/13 at 08:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
Shocking really. Similar response to my "What did the whip round donations get spent on then Chris". No reply. Crook.

Spent on his beer fund maybe....

There have been a couple of whip rounds and was there not one to fund a newer fancy forum at one point?

Aaron_n_Sim - 8/5/13 at 08:20 AM

Quite new here, can anyone explain why the t-shirts on eBay aren't good enough. They are fruit of the loom shirts, selection of aprox 10 colours, Hopefully the link below will take you to the sale page!

Locost kit car T Shirt | eBay

Cheers.

Duncan36 - 8/5/13 at 08:22 AM

probably because most of the forum members don't actually have a locost?

dhutch - 8/5/13 at 08:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan36
Exactly.

I dont know why chris doesnt just approach a company who are willing to handle the sales as well as producing the t'shirts, big companies who want print runs of 500 might not be interested but there are plenty that would do it.

Daniel

Duncan36 - 8/5/13 at 08:41 AM

That's exactly the service i offered Daniel but didn't have a reply to my post or U2U. I do the same service for large brands like The RSC and Time Team and smaller runs like for the RGB guys to save Tim the hassle or collating orders etc.

Aaron_n_Sim - 8/5/13 at 08:50 AM

quote:

I get that, but there isn't a lot of difference to the ones Chris mocked up, I suppose it's more about our community? It's a shame people are feeling the way they are towards Chris, but if I'd paid out I'd feel the same.

speedtripledan - 8/5/13 at 08:54 AM

I,d join together and start a small claims court action if he is going to sit there silent spending your cash...

maccmike - 8/5/13 at 08:59 AM

maybe the orders are contributing to the 'venture'

Can LB help me raise £50k?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=173488

Alfa145 - 8/5/13 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by maccmike
maybe the orders are contributing to the 'venture'

Can LB help me raise £50k?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=173488

Cracking! Good luck getting £50 investment let alone £50k and promising returns if he can't even deliver a £10 T-Shirt to the people that ordered them months and months ago.....

dhutch - 8/5/13 at 09:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron_n_SimI get that, but there isn't a lot of difference to the ones Chris mocked up, I suppose it's more about our community?

Exactly, you wouldnt where a westfield t'shirt of you owned a elise, even if you still posted on the wscc forum a lot.

quote:
It's a shame people are feeling the way they are towards Chris, but if I'd paid out I'd feel the same.

I think the crux of it is that they feel they have been mislead/missold and then ignored. I own and run a forum myself, a very simular size to locost builders. And infact, currently also urgently need to sort out a new stock of merchandise, but its a case of not promissing something which you dont then deliver. My members know we dont currently have stock of stickers, the ability to order items has been removed, and I have not promissed they will become avilable any time soon.

T'shirts are harder as you have sizes/colours to deal with, but as said, this can be subcontracted out.

Daniel

Confused but excited. - 8/5/13 at 09:55 AM

quote:
That's exactly the service i offered Daniel but didn't have a reply to my post or U2U. I do the same service for large brands like The RSC and Time Team and smaller runs like for the RGB guys to save Tim the hassle or collating orders etc.

You also advertise your business on here, yet haven't registered as a Trader.
Jolly bad form old fruit.

Duncan36 - 8/5/13 at 10:33 AM

I offered to help Chris get out of the hole that is this thread and offered a service to relieve him of having to deal with orders he doesn't have time to do. There was so much bad feeling i thought it may help to return things to normal. So hardly advertising.

Secondly someone ask for some vinyl so their boat. It was such a small amount it wasn't worth the paperwork to book it in, so i asked for a donation to the Sarcoma Cancer charity. Hardly advertising.

Thirdly a guy asked about budget awnings and rather than push my own i told him about a cheap Costco one that is much better than some of the other budget ones and locost friendly.

All three posts were helping people out for no financial gain and all purely done in goodwill. If that's classed as trading i won't bother again.

twybrow - 8/5/13 at 10:44 AM

quote:
I offered to help Chris get out of the hole that is this thread and offered a service to relieve him of having to deal with orders he doesn't have time to do. There was so much bad feeling i thought it may help to return things to normal. So hardly advertising.

Secondly someone ask for some vinyl so their boat. It was such a small amount it wasn't worth the paperwork to book it in, so i asked for a donation to the Sarcoma Cancer charity. Hardly advertising.

Thirdly a guy asked about budget awnings and rather than push my own i told him about a cheap Costco one that is much better than some of the other budget ones and locost friendly.

All three posts were helping people out for no financial gain and all purely done in goodwill. If that's classed as trading i won't bother again.

I agree Duncan, that to me is not at all bad form... What maybe considered bad form is having your company website in your Avatar, and not being a registered trader... Personally, it doesn't bother me, but I can see why it might bother others...

jps - 8/5/13 at 03:20 PM

quote:
quote:

I agree Duncan, that to me is not at all bad form... What maybe considered bad form is having your company website in your Avatar, and not being a registered trader... Personally, it doesn't bother me, but I can see why it might bother others...

Do we think the same people would consider it bad form to collect money for something and not deliver I wonder?

BenB - 8/5/13 at 03:55 PM

This thread is going to run and run. I'm ready

AndyW - 8/5/13 at 04:04 PM

I think what's needed is an answer to the question of where are the refunds or where are the t-shirts.

rather than picking up the fact that some one isn't a registered trader. No mention of that before, now the guy offers to help and gets shot down.

This whole place is getting a bit silly now.

Alfa145 - 8/5/13 at 04:24 PM

Looking at how prompt his replies have been so far I think you might need more popcorn than that Ben....

Aaron_n_Sim - 8/5/13 at 05:35 PM

The Boss in online I see I hope you all get the answers you're looking for

ChrisW - 8/5/13 at 05:58 PM

Hi everyone

Sorry I've been a bit slow to jump on this. Ben did indeed give me a heads-up on it a few days ago and I've been snowed under with other stuff. I could do the whole 'LB is a hobby...' thing again but you've all heard it before.

Bit upset at the attitude of a few of you saying this is some kind of scam. I can tell you, if it was, it would be the worst scam ever in terms of making money and I'd have given up long ago! If you really think I'd spend 12 years running this site out of my own pocket to run off with a few hundred quid of people's money you are very much mistaken.

(By the way, thanks to all those that have defended me during this!)

This whole thing is complicated because there are two items here that are on back order. I thought I'd made it clear that this was pre-order and that minimum numbers were needed, perhaps the orders were long enough ago that people have forgotten. You will see that I have asked several times in the past how people wanted to deal with the lack of orders which has actually made the situation even more complicated because some people wanted to wait, others asked to cancel, others gave dates when they wanted to cancel if the numbers hadn't been reached. Some of those messages are posts, some are u2u's, some are emails. All in all, it would be an absolute nightmare to get to the bottom of who wants what, who doesn't, etc. If I'm brutally honest, I simply don't have the time at the moment to figure it all out.

The other issue is that last time I did a run of t-shirts I subsidised the order to make up the minimums and then sold the remainder over the next 12 months. When I first started taking orders for this round I had intended to do that again, but unfortunately I was made redundant since then and suddenly spending a load of money on merchandise that may take a year to sell isn't high on the priority list. Also remember that I had to lay out a grand on a new server in Feb after the old one was stolen by my former employer (remember that downtime we had?) and since then don't have access to reduced-price hosting which means I'm having to dig even deeper each month now than before. I realise these issues aren't your problem as members, just keep in mind what I was saying above about this being the worst scam ever!

Under the circumstances, I think the best thing to do here is refund everyone. That includes the people who have said they want to wait. I'm sorry, but I simply don't have the time to work it all out. Then, if people want to re-order stickers - which I do have in stock, all apart from silver - they can do that. It's going to be too difficult to partial refund people and obviously people paid one postage cost so may not want a sticker if they don't have a mug/tshirt/whatever. As you've probably guessed, this is all about sorting out the mess as simply as possible.

In the mean time I would appreciate it if you don't issue requests to pay, disputes, etc. This is just going to make things more complicated. My plan is to run a search for the shopping cart ID's then run through and refund each one. The advantage to doing it this way is also that the transaction fees get refunded which is better for us all.

Please bear with me whilst I get this all dealt with and accept my apologies for not dealing with it more promptly. I need a couple of days to get some credit into the Paypal account and I will then start working my way through the list.

Cheers, Chris

ChrisLeary - 8/5/13 at 06:29 PM

Can I just ask... once everyone's refunds are sorted out, can we take up someones offer of sorting the t-shirts, stickers and mugs and allow them to run the site merchandise to lift the load on you Chris?

I would really like another T-shirt and so would my dad, and I think it would be better for everyone if we don't have to worry about minimum numbers for orders.

ATB,
Chris

Andybarbet - 8/5/13 at 06:36 PM

It seems that im not the only one with a super hectic life then

Theres no way i could host a website too, hope everyone can bare with you whilst you sort it.

dhutch - 9/5/13 at 10:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet
It seems that im not the only one with a super hectic life then

Theres no way i could host a website too, hope everyone can bare with you whilst you sort it.

Ahh, they all but run themselves...

Daniel

twybrow - 9/5/13 at 05:31 PM

Chris - I think it is a shame it ended up like this, as I think the vast majority of members are very grateful for the time (and expense) you put into this site. I just wish you had told us what wad going on several months ago, and saved any ill feeling.

I will be reordering a sticker asap, as I still want to shout about my support for the best forum on the internet.

mazie - 9/5/13 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Chris - I think it is a shame it ended up like this, as I think the vast majority of members are very grateful for the time (and expense) you put into this site. I just wish you had told us what wad going on several months ago, and saved any ill feeling.

I will be reordering a sticker asap, as I still want to shout about my support for the best forum on the internet.

Well said its indeed one of the best forums around and I myself appreciate the work that goes into hosting and running said forum.
I'll too order a sticker or two.

renetom - 10/5/13 at 06:59 AM

Hi Chris
I'm the one with the biggest mouth that shouted the loudest
about getting a re-fund, even threw the dummy out of the pram.
For all that I apologise.
Its a great shame that it came to this because you do run a great forum.

As for my refund, I don't want it, put it in the pot as a contribution.

Again please accept my apology.
René

twybrow - 10/5/13 at 08:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by renetom
Hi Chris
I'm the one with the biggest mouth that shouted the loudest
about getting a re-fund, even threw the dummy out of the pram.
For all that I apologise.
Its a great shame that it came to this because you do run a great forum.

As for my refund, I don't want it, put it in the pot as a contribution.

Again please accept my apology.
René

Nice one René.

welderman - 10/5/13 at 08:59 AM

Once refunded Chris, i will re order stickers

Your doing a great job too

Alfa145 - 15/5/13 at 08:19 AM

quote:
... I need a couple of days to get some credit into the Paypal account and I will then start working my way through the list.

Cheers, Chris

Has anyone else got a refund yet?

It's been a week and nothing. In fact it's very disappointing that the shop still allows people to buy these non existent T-Shirts, surely that is a simple 2 min thing to remove the T-Shirts to stop Chris and anyone else suffering the hassle of messing about with refunds.

jps - 15/5/13 at 08:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alfa145
quote:
... I need a couple of days to get some credit into the Paypal account and I will then start working my way through the list.

Cheers, Chris

Has anyone else got a refund yet?

Nope.

maccmike - 15/5/13 at 02:59 PM

Im shocked!

Alfa145 - 15/5/13 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by maccmike
Im shocked!

Why? You had your refund?

snakebelly - 18/5/13 at 09:09 AM

Anyone seen a refund yet?

Alfa145 - 18/5/13 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
Anyone seen a refund yet?

Has hell frozen over yet?

snakebelly - 18/5/13 at 10:17 PM

Thought i saw a flying pig today, must have been mistaken!

ChrisW - 24/5/13 at 06:45 PM

Hi all

Just to let you know, I had a payment into my Paypal that I've been waiting for which means I have funds in there now to issue all the refunds. These will be done over the long weekend. Unfortunately most are over the 60-day limit which means I can't refund as such, I have to make a payment to each of you. It's a long winded job and the fees will have to be paid again, but unavoidable.

I'll post here when they are all done. Thanks again for your patience.

Chris

Alfa145 - 24/5/13 at 08:19 PM

About time!

And why are they still on sale in the shop?

doobrychat - 24/5/13 at 08:38 PM

hey fella..

I can create the stickers for you and list them on Ebay to save the agg and I can also create the logo for tshirts that you iron on, that way people can buy there own tshirt then iron it on themselves.. however that will require some savvy upstairs to do that but it seems if you can build a car and pass the IVA then ironing on a graphic to a tshirt should be a piece of p*ss..

let me know if i can help

jps - 24/5/13 at 10:27 PM

thanks for the update Chris

twybrow - 25/5/13 at 07:45 AM

quote:
Hi all

Just to let you know, I had a payment into my Paypal that I've been waiting for which means I have funds in there now to issue all the refunds. These will be done over the long weekend. Unfortunately most are over the 60-day limit which means I can't refund as such, I have to make a payment to each of you. It's a long winded job and the fees will have to be paid again, but unavoidable.

Chris

Chris - just send the refunds as payments to friends (gifts) and there won't be any fees.

ChrisW - 25/5/13 at 09:12 AM

quote:
quote:
Hi all

Chris

Chris - just send the refunds as payments to friends (gifts) and there won't be any fees.

Good point, thanks!

ChrisW - 27/5/13 at 06:53 PM

All refunds have now been issued. Any problems, please drop me a line.

Cheers, Chris

johnay - 27/5/13 at 07:07 PM

Thanks for refund.

welderman - 27/5/13 at 08:53 PM

Got my refund. Thanks chris

daviep - 27/5/13 at 09:04 PM

Thanks Chris, refund recieved.

Cheers
Davie

mds167 - 28/5/13 at 07:17 AM

Refund received, thanks Chris!

mcerd1 - 28/5/13 at 07:22 AM

refund received, thanks

jps - 28/5/13 at 07:28 AM

Received - thanks Chris

mookaloid - 28/5/13 at 11:11 AM

Sent mine straight back as a donation to the site

twybrow - 28/5/13 at 12:50 PM

Thanks Chris - payment received. So when did you say we can re-order the stickers?

Xtreme Kermit - 1/6/13 at 09:25 PM

Refund received here. Thanks Chris.