Board logo

MK 1 MX5 rust free shell for sale
marmot0 - 22/2/14 at 06:20 PM

Hi, I have decided to take the plunge and build another car, I will be turning my trusty mx5 into an MEV replicar. So I have a rust free shell and all body panels up for grabs, I have already listed the hard top and roll bar on ebay. Please feel free to make me offers on all parts appart from the running gear which I will be keeping, parts available to collect from SE london.
MX5
MX5

rotax78 - 22/2/14 at 10:40 PM

I'm looking for a decent mx5 in mariner blue, if it's in decent condition I'd be interested in the full car. Might be better financially for you aswell

marmot0 - 22/2/14 at 10:46 PM

hi, im sorry but the car is definately being dismantled.
Cheers

rotax78 - 22/2/14 at 10:49 PM

Nevermind if anyone knows of mariner blue mx5 for sale let me know

clairetoo - 23/2/14 at 12:50 PM

Nice work there.....taking a good , rust free car apart to build a kit-car , when rotten ones are ten a penny.........you realize good ones are going up in value ?

cb500t - 23/2/14 at 01:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
Nice work there.....taking a good , rust free car apart to build a kit-car , when rotten ones are ten a penny.........you realize good ones are going up in value ?

Very true,got my MX5 donor for £325 with 2 months tax and 7months MOT and immediately sold the hard top for £175,but it is suffering from tinworm !

clairetoo - 23/2/14 at 02:05 PM

Also - a question - do you intend to hold on to the doners registration details for your kit ? If so , all you will be selling is about 500kgs of sheet metal..........it may be a shell , but with no identity it will be worthless .

Since Mx5's are mechanically indestructible , whats the problem with selling your car , and buying a cheap rusty one to strip ?

marmot0 - 23/2/14 at 02:13 PM

Hi I understand where people are coming from, but I have all the bits on this car that I want, which include a fully rebuilt engine, avo coilovers and no rust on the arms and subframes and also a limited slip diff, all these parts alone are
Worth much more to me in bits than on the car. I also have owned and cared for the car for a few years so I know I will get a hassle free build .The car will have no registration but I thought someone might want a shell to go racing with.