Board logo

RGB Class R - Spire GT3
yellowcab - 6/9/15 at 07:49 PM

My 750mc RGB Class R Spire GT3 will be for sale from 5th October 2015 after our final race at Donington Park.

It was built in 2011, and driven by John Cutmore who consistently finished in top 5, then sold it onto John Thackray in 2013 who also finished consistently in top 5, and I bought it in May 2014 and I've done my fair share of top 5 finishes.

It comes with two sets of wheels, both sets are 13" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2, one set will have Yoko A048R dry tyres on, and the other will have the regulation wets fitted to them.

Comes with spare upper and lower front wishbones, and CAD drawings of front splitters & rear diffusers, and aluminium side pod floors if ever need replacing

The car is currently on the weight limit with me in the drivers seat (92kg) - car without driver and race ending fuel is 470kg

The car is fitted with:
Chain driven Suzuki GSXR1000 K8 engine
Stick shift driven by a push/pull cable
Stainless steel 4-2-1 exhaust manifold & side exit exhaust
Quaiffe diff with electric reverse
ETB digi-dash and datalogger
Fibreglass seat
5 point TRS HANS harnesses bought this year
Protech double adjustable dampers all round - dyno'd by Mat Gilmour @ ProComp last week
Wilwood 4-pot brake callipers & vented disks allround

It has all the factory Spire upgrades that are currently available including new style high-downforce front bodywork, upgraded rear uprights with lower roll centre & recently added crash box to the front

It's painted in RAL5005 blue

£22'000 ono

yellowcab - 6/9/15 at 07:53 PM

yellowcab - 6/9/15 at 07:54 PM

All race videos found here:

https://www.youtube.com/OliverHewitt

f27 - 9/9/15 at 10:07 AM

Looks great fun in the videos. How come you're selling?

yellowcab - 9/9/15 at 04:22 PM

Glad you enjoyed the race videos - feel free to subscribe to get updates when we post more!

I have bought a new Mittell MC53

f27 - 9/9/15 at 08:34 PM

I'm already subscribed I'm the other Oliver who bought the paddles from you. They're fitted to my car now and settling in well

sam919 - 10/9/15 at 06:44 AM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cars-Motorcycles-Vehicles-/9800/i.html?_from=R40&_sac=1&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=Spire

yellowcab - 10/9/15 at 09:31 AM

Sam, strangely your eBay link goes two ended auctions for Spire GTRs

Not sure what the relevance that has to my GT3 being for sale

Unless of course you were trying to be smart and facetious by implying my cars value is incorrect, I see that chip on your shoulder hasn't fallen off yet lol

Ben_Copeland - 10/9/15 at 10:17 AM

Wow is there much difference between yours and mittell?

Good luck with the sale mate.

sam919 - 10/9/15 at 11:01 AM

No chip on the shoulder, just cant believe these cars are going for such cash, its even pricier than a radical........something Spire must be proud of, even with the lesser GSX motor in.

Try SS racing, it less compromised.

I also seem to remember comments in your MK thread about not being all that serious , when suggestions about aero etc were poo poo'd. I hope you appreciate once you start racing and looking at everything how things take a different route and you become more serious about technical aspects of the car, its not such a bad evolution to get into

[Edited on 10/9/15 by sam919]

yellowcab - 10/9/15 at 12:37 PM

Cheers Ben

Sam, cheers for your reply and you're right. Apols for poo pooing you in MK thread, I suppose a part of my reluctance or ignorance was because it wasn't competitive back then, totally see the gains now mind

yellowcab - 10/9/15 at 12:40 PM

A second hand Spire GT3 hasn't been sold for less than £24k in the last 3 years I think...

Higgos, Duncan's, Megarrys at least

sam919 - 10/9/15 at 04:42 PM

Well that's decent then, price wise, you should be able to move it on ok.

Racings a funny affair, it starts pushing your decimal point further along without registering and what you thought you knew or how good you could drive suddenly is far away as you develope, it's really a great thing to do and be involved with.

Hope the sale comes along