Board logo

FS; Pinto 2ltr Bits and Peices
Meistre - 11/5/16 at 07:36 PM

Due to a change in direction regarding my donor choice I now have some parts that are surplus to requirements, mostly Sierra; and as the title states, mostly engine bits which include the following....

1 x 2ltr Pinto short block.
I have been told it's slightly weak on piston number 2 and a new set of rings would be a good idea. It's not a 205 injection block.....

I also have a couple of packs of gaskets to go with it, and the (unmodified) sump pan.

2 x Pinto heads.
One is a standard 2 ltr head though a friend looked at it and said there was a little cleaning and polishing of the inlet ports. The second though is a little more interesting as it has a FR32 cam on it.

Both heads will be in need or cleaning and reassembly....I can't vouch if all the necessary little nuts and bolts are available. Both heads have their respective cam covers.

Sierra engine mounts
I have two of these

Sierra steering wheel
Complete with switch gear, column and I'm pretty certain an extension bit that goes on the end.....I think!

I also have (what I think) is the cowling that originally sat in underneath the steering column in the original car

Unmodified propshaft
As stated....an unmodified propshaft

Other bits for the engine
I also have
- 1 x starter motor for the engine
- 1 x alternator
- 1 x inlet manifold (carb not injection)
- Sierra brake callipers, in need of a shot blast and recondition
- a few other bits also.....

I am looking at selling these on, the beer token proceeds in exchange thereby going back into the project as I need to keep the wife happy (always important). So I am looking for an appropriate number of beer vouchers; or if you have bits to offer in exchange (good old bartering) then PM me.

I've not posted prices because they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay and that's pretty much open to your choice. As I'm no expert in engine rebuilds then I suggest the best idea is to come and look (or I'll detail photograph in correspondence....contact for current pictures), have a mug of tea whilst we haggle and look at similar items on eBay and work out a price.

I'm open to selling all of it in one go, or separately - I don't mind which.

Postage and packing though, if your not collecting will need to be discussed because most of these bits are heavy and can only go by pallet services and that cost will need to be met by the purchaser, though I'm happy to palletise and arrange for collection.

PM me for more information if your interested, my current location is in the wilds of Norfolk; twixt Norwich and Dereham.....

Craig.

alland3851 - 26/5/16 at 11:54 AM

Hi, what make of starter is it and what output is it ? How much you looking for including postage.

Thanks
Allan

Junior - 26/5/16 at 12:23 PM

Hi Craig,

I am a newbie rebuilding an E1 cat, hence the more detail the better for me, learning lots of late.

I am interested in the starter motor(make?, O/P?), alternator (make?, amps?), and the propshaft.

Would you have any pics to share especially for the unmodified propshaft?

Would you have the mounting brackets for the alternator, wud save me a lot of agro.

How much for the 3 including postage to warwick?

you can email / text me 07703859731 with a price.

Junior

Meistre - 5/6/16 at 08:08 AM

Bump and apologies to the two who posted here. ....the subscription notification email thingy didn't work, I'll u2u today with those details you've requested.