Board logo

RoadRunner Racing SR2 V8 - Circa 450BHP / 400lb/ft
Linkin - 11/8/16 at 01:10 PM

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/kit-cars/other-models/unique-roadrunner-racing-sr2-v8-6-0litre/5980358?v=c

Fantastic Corvette-Engined SR2 V8
The car was completed and passed IVA in June 2014, which was the time I bought it from the builder. The car has been built by a very experienced builder (having previously built a number of rave bikes, cars and an Ultima GTR) to a very high standard and I would welcome any professional inspection.

Specification includes:
• Tilton Pedal Box with Brake Bias Adjuster
• LS2 Engine (standard) with OE GM ECU
• Custom headers, mandrel bent 2” and CAM Coated
• Exhausts are custom with new CATS from a Mercedes SL500 (for IVA).
• High end fuel delivery system.
• Full genuine carbon fibre Tillet seats on sliding seat rails. Super comfortable, very strong. These were just over £1k each!
• Full FIA roll cage.
• Front Hi Spec brakes
• Image Wheels
• Advanced and simple electrics controller – all switches are soft touch LED – very stylish and reliable.
• LED headlights and Tail lights
• Tremec top of the range TR6060 6 speed gearbox with OE Hydraulic clutch.
• The Gearbox and Clutch were made for this engine, so none of the usual clutch issues.
• Stack high end Gauges and an HM Graphical logging Dash for main driver display with shift LEDs
• Multi Adjustable inboard suspension.
• Pro Alloy custom made cooling system for long term hassle free running regardless of ambient temperatures or hard driving – something that MOST kit cars skimp on and causes all sorts of problems later.
• Carbon from and rear wheel arches, Carbon tunnel, Carbon Dash.
• Quick release steering wheel.
• All wheels have traction control sensors and pickups installed and wired so implementation of TC in the future if desired will be painless and relatively simple.

A truly great specification, without doubt, but the car isn’t perfect and requires the following for completion:

The HM Dash needs to be calibrated for gear-shifts and Odometer. Odometer reads 0 miles and I’ve covered approximately 1000miles since purchase.

Some of the carbon parts show a 'mistyness'
The carbon rear arches have a slight gravel rash
New ECU needs to be mapped

Build cost was over £32,000, but whilst the estimated value from RRR is £24,995, I have set the price at a realistic level due to the points above needing to be resolved, as well as a quick sale.

So, a good home required for a truly unique car!
No tyre-kickers, dreamers or time-wasters! No test drive without original-copy of proof of fully comprehensive insurance to cover.
Trailer delivery available within a reasonable distance of Colchester, Essex.

£20,995 ono

paul.newman@azcon.co.uk
07736 344583
Email me for pictures....

[Edited on 11/8/16 by Linkin]

pekwah1 - 11/8/16 at 04:22 PM

Looks really nice, but i don't understand how this advert has no pictures of the main party piece!!!

Linkin - 11/8/16 at 04:26 PM

Ah!
Good reason for no pics is that i'm a technophobe and haven't worked out how to post pictures!
There's a link at the top which does show some

pekwah1 - 11/8/16 at 04:28 PM

Yes i meant on the advert link, no pictures of the v8!

SteveRST - 11/8/16 at 04:29 PM

Yep, on the Pistonheads advert - no pics of the main attraction, 6.0 litres of V8. Sounds mental!

Linkin - 11/8/16 at 04:30 PM

Now updated with a pic of the LS2 mid-build......

nero1701 - 11/8/16 at 04:36 PM

hoooolyy sheeeeeiiiit!!

Linkin - 26/8/16 at 08:12 AM

** PRICE REDUCED TO £19,995 OVNO **