Board logo

FS: 2004 MK Indy C16XE
mjb199 - 22/10/16 at 10:32 AM

FS: 2004 MK Indy C16XE

2004 MK Indy on an age related plate in very good condition

I have owned this car for the last 3 years but sadly an impending house move means it’s time to sell it on to a new custodian.

This car was previously owned by Sonic, Mediabloke and Peter Cowley on this forum and I think they will confirm what a great car it is. It starts on the button every time, and is extremely nice to drive, giving smooth tractable power.

- Bodywork in Bright Yellow with new style cycle wings in black

- Black Minilite Style 13" alloy wheels with Bridgestone tyres. I changed from 15” wheels and found the lower unsprung mass gave better handling and ride quality.

- Vauxhall 1600cc 16v C16XE engine 9300 miles, rebuilt & fitted with new piston rings, valve stem seals, head gasket and 8 new valves approx 3000 miles ago. This was completed by a previous owner on the forum (Mediabloke). This engine is commonly used in motorsport and has significant tuning potential as you can see from this website http://www.sbdev.co.uk/History_files/History_InstantExpert.htm. Cam belt changed at 7472miles.

- Yamaha R1 bike carbs on a Bogg Bros. tubular manifold, with manual choke.

- Megajolt 3d mappable electronic ignition system.

- Carb jetted and ignition re-map by Damien at Daytuner of Harrogate running approx 115bhp at wheels (135-140bhp at the crank).

- 4-into-1 tubular, stainless-steel, straight-through exhaust with MK can.

- Ford rear diff & 5-speed Type 9 gearbox with short-throw gear lever.

- Disc front brakes.

- Black, cross-braced powder-coated roll cage.

- Black carbon-style wing mirrors & indicators.

- Black carbon-style dashboard with yellow colour-coded ETB gauges. Please note odometer screen works intermittently. After speaking with ETB this seems to be due to moisture on the LCD contacts. A night in the airing cupboard sorts it out for a while but it does recur. Does not affect speedo and is not a problem for the MOT.

- Full windscreen with side wind deflectors.

- Yellow MK fibreglass seats.

- Black D shaped 11” suede steering wheel.

- Black carpet-lined interior.

- Lockable aluminium-lined boot.

- Adjustable drivers seat.

- New alternator.

- Quick steering rack from MK.

- GAZ adjustable dampers.

MOT until May 2017

2 sets of keys, project file, all bills and paperwork are available for buyer to keep.

Price: £5500 ono.

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 22/10/16 by mjb199]

CosKev3 - 22/10/16 at 10:36 AM

That shouldn't be around long at that price

Looks really nice

sonic - 22/10/16 at 07:55 PM

Hello mate

Gutted you are selling it, I bought another 6 months ago and would have had this back in a heartbeat if I had known!

Its one of the best built Indys I have seen and worth more than you are asking for it, the dashboard alone is unique and I wish I had taken a mould off it before selling the car on.

Good luck with the sale, as said above somebody is going to get a nice car

mjb199 - 23/10/16 at 12:40 PM

Thank you both for your comments.

Sonic - I did notice you had recently bought an MK and thought to myself if only I'd have realised beforehand I'd have let you know I was thinking of selling. Oh well. I hope you are enjoying the new car.

Mike-B - 24/10/16 at 03:04 PM

Which part of Leicestershire is the car located in.

Thanks.

mjb199 - 24/10/16 at 04:06 PM

It's located in the Hinckley area.

Mash - 24/10/16 at 10:37 PM

Sorry to be a pain MJ, but can I ask where you got the roll bar from and is it MSA spec?

cheers,

Mash

mjb199 - 25/10/16 at 09:03 AM

The roll bar was already fitted when I bought the car so I'm not sure where it was from and whether it is MSA approved. Sorry

Mash - 25/10/16 at 10:46 AM

No worries Mate, thanks anyway

LeoGASp! - 25/10/16 at 01:34 PM

Hi. I've sent you a U2U message.

[Edited on 25/10/16 by LeoGASp!]

mjb199 - 25/10/16 at 09:03 PM

LeoGASp! I've replied to your U2U message

Mike-B - 28/10/16 at 04:09 PM

Out of interest how 'roomy' are these in the cockpit - Would a 6' tall 16 stone 38" waist fit in?

mjb199 - 28/10/16 at 05:26 PM

*Deposit taken*

Mike - MKs are quite roomy compared to some kits although you might find the fibreglass seats that I have a bit snug. The best thing to do is try a few out.

Mike-B - 29/10/16 at 11:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mjb199
*Deposit taken*

Mike - MKs are quite roomy compared to some kits although you might find the fibreglass seats that I have a bit snug. The best thing to do is try a few out.

Okay thanks mate.

Good luck with sale, will keep an eye out in-case it doesn't go through.

mjb199 - 8/11/16 at 06:48 PM

Sold - on it's way to Italy!

LeoGASp! - 9/11/16 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mjb199
Sold - on it's way to Italy!

Thanks Matt for the pleasant transaction.

mjb199 - 9/11/16 at 08:42 PM

Pleasure doing business with you