Board logo

2001 Seat Arosa Tdi
inkafone - 25/10/17 at 04:04 PM

Just passed the MOT today - car is on 153k but engine pulls really well with no smoke and starts first time.

The timing belt was done on 122k July 2013 (invoice) and the previous owner had the clutch replaced (no invoice).

There's no rear seats in (boot was tiny) which at least makes it lighter & there's a mild remap on it (about 95BHP & 175ftlbs) which makes it very nippy with 60+MPG. Road tax on this is £30 and insurance is cheap.

I've owned the car since February 2016, done 10k & it's had 3 oil/filter changes in that time (PD oil). It's been very reliable and all I've done to it is change the brake pads,renewed the filters and a track rod end.

The electric windows work as does the central locking but only on the key not the fob. There's no ABS on this but it does have airbags. The interior is a bit grubby (I've given it a good clean with a carpet cleaner including the headlining but there's still marks). The bodywork is rust free with good arches but the odd small dint / scratch from use (nothing particularly noticeable).

It's being sold with the 15" wheels & the original alloys (bit scruffy but serviceable with 2 decent and 2 cheapo tyres). This makes a great runaround, is quite happy cruising @ 70+ plus it's so cheap to run.

£500

nick205 - 25/10/17 at 04:28 PM

Had one of these a few years back as a courtesy car for the day. Cracking little thing it was - great fun to drive!

big_wasa - 25/10/17 at 05:37 PM

My lad wants a lupo, what’s the size of the diesel in these ?

inkafone - 26/10/17 at 12:29 AM

Arosa is Seat's version of the Lupo and share many parts - engine is a three pot 1.4 Tdi (a 1.9 Tdi with a cylinder lopped off & a balancing shaft - it sounds like a bag of nails at idle but pretty smooth on the go).

nick205 - 26/10/17 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by inkafone
Arosa is Seat's version of the Lupo and share many parts - engine is a three pot 1.4 Tdi (a 1.9 Tdi with a cylinder lopped off & a balancing shaft - it sounds like a bag of nails at idle but pretty smooth on the go).

That matches my memory of the Arosa.

VAG (including Seat) are pretty adept at part sharing.

Seat also make pretty good cars as a result - I had a Seat Leon Cupra TDI for a few years and drove the backside off it - never missed a beat. We also had a family Seat Alhambra for some years, again a great car and as a family of 5 it suited us very well.

big_wasa - 26/10/17 at 06:04 PM

Yeh I know there the same car, just wondered on the insurability of the bigger diesel at 17yrs old.

inkafone - 27/10/17 at 01:14 AM

It's now on Ebay and am letting the auction run. As for insurance for a 17yo it will no doubt be a lot more than the car's worth. Fitting a black box seems to be the way now.

big_wasa - 31/10/17 at 07:24 PM

Not a bad result then.

Being.a 1.4 quotes where coming back between 3~10k for my lad.

obr_technology - 31/10/17 at 08:24 PM

Well done on the result on eBay! I was tempted at 500!

nick205 - 2/11/17 at 10:31 AM

big_wasa I feel the pain!

With an 11 yr old and 9 yr old twins SWMBO and I are fearing the time ahead in this respect We've got them saving for the cars, but the insurance will be another hurdle to jump.