Board logo

Locost Trackday Car
Fandango - 12/11/17 at 04:26 PM

Hi all.

Due to lack of use, and the fact that I could use the money elsewhere, decided to put the track car up for sale.

This is an ex 750mc Locost race car, now used as a trackday car;

Engine;

The old 1.3 crossflow was removed and replaced with a 2 litre blacktop. Engine runs perfectly, no noise, smoke, uses negligible oil, and coolant

Has Retro-Ford clutch and very light flywheel.

Has Dunnel sump, windage tray, and pickup.

Running R1 carbs, and a well made 4 branch exhaust manifold. (noise measured last time @c97dba)

Type 9 5 speed box. Geared to around 125mph

Thermostat, and automatic fan, so no temp issues.

Megasquirt mappable ignition, all setup, dyno run, performed by Dale at Bailey Performance. Rev limiter.

Chassis;

Full roll cage as fitted to 750mc race cars.

Dampers and springs replaced / rebuilt recently, and full geo setup done by Matt @ Procomp. Matt does a very thorough job, and the chassis is fully sorted for track use. Weight c530kgs

Brakes are oe Ford front, calipers are brand new, rear drums, with adjustable bias box.

Has 2 sets of Ford alloy wheels, one with R888s, one with road tyres (these are brand new) for wet use.

2 x lightweight seats, both on runners. Willans 4 point harnesses.

The car has lights, but has never, to my knowledge, been road legal.

This car is ready to go as is, a very handy track car for not a huge outlay. I will be at Mallory Park this Saturday 18th November, should you wish to see car in action. Otherwise viewing is in South Shropshire.

I will try to get some pics posted as soon as I can, (the car is not a looker). I can email them direct if you like.

Priced at £3995.

A very clean twin axle trailer is also available if the car is sold.

Cheers Carl

Fandango - 16/11/17 at 03:56 PM

Just to remind any interested parties, this car will be at Mallory Park this Saturday.

Cheers

Stevie_P - 16/11/17 at 05:08 PM

Yes. Pictures are always a good idea.
Also the trailer if you can get them.
Steve

Fandango - 19/11/17 at 07:14 PM

Few pics here;

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214555983234925&set=pcb.1532761466813362&type=3&theater&ifg=1