Board logo

FS: 1989 LAND ROVER DEFENDER 90. Big climbing spec
james h - 18/11/17 at 09:49 PM

Evening all,

My brother is selling his Landy, and I told him I'd post it here on his behalf (I just donated again to be fair to LocostBuilders!). Please feel free to u2u me or contact my brother directly with the number at the end of the description.

All the photos and the full description is here:

Land Rover Owner International

"Hi there
I am currently lucky enough to have in my possession a competition/road going Land Rover 90 climbing machine.
Its on an F plate 1989 and has covered 135,157 miles to date.
It has the lovely original 200 Tdi engine beneath its hood. this has been tweaked to some extent with almost new inter cooler, up rated turbo and various other pipework power steering pump etc...
It is equipped with many up rated parts totalling around £20k.
There is a folder full of receipts showing this.
I am currently setting up an automotive detailing business also selling some vehicles in Bolton greater Manchester.
We are not quite finished the works on the place and the sale of this Landy will free up some much needed cash and allow me to continue with the job in hand.

I have very recently carried out some light to medium restoration on this 90 very much improving its general appearance. I took it n part ex a few months back and along with what i do felt it needed a little care.

Its equipped with :-

Twin motored heavy duty double speed front winch
Rear winch
Raised and up rated shocks Old man emu shock housings D44 and springs Old man emu also
Heavy duty shock mounts D44
Qt 3 Control arms
Heavy duty front and rear bumpers
Tree sliders mid and lower including high lift mounting holes to lower.
Heavy duty rear wheel carrier with nylon slider is like new.
Roof hatch for various different purposes. Re sealed and painted.
Poly bushed throughout (Red)
Competition roll cage 17 point i think. Approved in date and re-painted (rustoleum)
ARB Lockers added front and rear
Ashcroft up rated half shafts
Stronger gearbox fitted lower ratio although will still cruise at 70 mph.
Rubbed down and painted chassis. (rustoleum paint) chassis extremely solid no weak points.
Chassis had been schultzed previously, however i felt it needed care.
Now in tip top condition ready for mud or whatever you can throw at it. Timing belt and pump replaced less than 100 miles ago as well as a new battery.
Also new bulk head and full wiring loom fitted this was carried out very recently just before i acquired.
Please get in contact if any interest at all or some advice on its value would be more than appreciated.
It really is awesome and seems to be one of the best out there with no expense spared a true testament to its previous owners.
Ideally i would definitely keep it but so sadly needs must.
Please contact Eddy at Correct technique ltd on 07988 763 347"

Thanks for looking!

James

neilp1 - 19/11/17 at 08:56 AM

Very nice, I'm after a 90, but that's a bit extreme for me. Good luck with the sale

Wheels244 - 19/11/17 at 11:03 AM

Nice !!

scootz - 19/11/17 at 06:42 PM

I like it!

If only I had the spare cash...

NigeEss - 19/11/17 at 11:57 PM

I love Defenders, I have one, but that one doesn't appeal to me, I really don't like
the cut-away front wings or the white door. Someone will though.

nick205 - 20/11/17 at 09:12 AM

Damn - very nice looking and sounding Defender!

Sadly I can't drive on road for the time being otherwise I'd be sorely tempted with this one. As above it may be a bit over-spec'd for my own personal use, but I think I could live with that (might tempt me into some new activities).

Good luck with the sale

Mr Whippy - 20/11/17 at 12:49 PM

just one thing the police really hate the branch deflector wires, had them on my last Series 3 and got quite a bollocking and nice big fine, their ok if you stow them flat on the wing.

I see it has the usual issue of where to put the stupid number plate... ok if you have the larger defender windscreen, I couldn't get away with that.

Nice machine, tire tread is nuts for any use on the road though. Not sure why it is all different panel colours, after spending all that money, kind of makes it look half finished

nick205 - 20/11/17 at 03:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
just one thing the police really hate the branch deflector wires, had them on my last Series 3 and got quite a bollocking and nice big fine, their ok if you stow them flat on the wing.

I see it has the usual issue of where to put the stupid number plate... ok if you have the larger defender windscreen, I couldn't get away with that.

Nice machine, tire tread is nuts for any use on the road though. Not sure why it is all different panel colours, after spending all that money, kind of makes it look half finished

Indeed, the tyres might produce a bit of "hum" on the road

james h - 26/11/17 at 12:04 PM

Thanks for all the lovely comments! It's still available, I'm sure the right owner is out there!