Board logo

MG Maestro 1600 race car for sale
Rustyracer - 13/12/17 at 04:23 PM

Hi All

For sale is my MG maestro 1600 race car i have had for car for 5 years used for a couple of trackdays when first bought then been in my workshop ever since the car does need work but not a basket case as most are a quick little car can't be many left now.

The maestro comes wirh a V5 and loads of spares would make a cracking project but i just don't have the room with 3 other race cars, Last started about 6 months ago tried to start last weekend but over fueling havent had the time to investigate.

Six point rollcage
Leda suspension
MGF alloys
Digital dash
Weber DCNF 40 carbs

Looking for £500 offers

Plenty of photos i can email.

Cheers

Mr Whippy - 14/12/17 at 12:52 PM

Oh the Maestro...

Going out on a limb here but I think one of the best cars BL every produced, we had one for years and it was an impressively competent and pleasant car all round. Styling still looks ok tbh this was what the Allegro should have been...but definitely wasn't. They seem cavernous inside now with loads of headroom and window

Rustyracer - 14/12/17 at 12:59 PM

Hi

Yes I think so cracking cars not everyone's cup of tea but very underrated .

trextr7monkey - 14/12/17 at 06:24 PM

Covered about 200k miles in 3 of them as company cars back in the day, free fuel Tyres and servicing and they went like the clappers but had a few weird breakdowns- wiper rack snapped and a head gasket failure st 80 k but very enjoyable got2 hobby cars already so might have been tempted by this!
Atb
Mike

swanny - 15/12/17 at 10:09 AM

in a similar vein i used to see this parked up at a storage yard i used. seemed such a shame it was sat there doing nothing.
Description
Description

Rustyracer - 15/12/17 at 10:24 AM

Yes it is a shame i will regret selling always said i wouldn't but i only have workshop space for three cars, the maestro is now outside under cover since my Phoenix race car arrival. If the 205 racer sells first i would keep the maestro.

Cheers