Board logo

Mobile welder and fabricator local to SM6 Greater London
spiderman01980 - 28/5/20 at 08:35 AM

I need some brackets fabricated and welded to the chassis to take a nova reverse box. Doing some research on reverse boxes I've found that a lot of people have managed to rip the brackets of the chassis on a Megabusa, if westfield cant get it right then i have no hope. I have a cheap welder that can only weld max 3mm and ideally think the brackets need to be a minimum 5mm. I also downloaded the megabusa build manual and the brackets look very flimsy and i now understand why they get ripped off. Can anyone help?

steve m - 28/5/20 at 09:06 AM

Neil Dunne is in Horsham Sussex, and I know he does do some off site welding, and does fabrication

https://www.neildunnewelding.co.uk/

Theshed - 28/5/20 at 05:59 PM

A design that relies upon 5mm steel sounds very crude. It will feed any loads into a weld attached to a tube with a 1.5mm wall or thereabouts. I would look to spread the load if at all possible. A good excuse to watch a bit of Binky and engage in cardboard aided design.

spiderman01980 - 28/5/20 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Theshed
A design that relies upon 5mm steel sounds very crude. It will feed any loads into a weld attached to a tube with a 1.5mm wall or thereabouts. I would look to spread the load if at all possible. A good excuse to watch a bit of Binky and engage in cardboard aided design.

Totally agree, the diff brackets are 6mm so gonna try and copy a similar design. Got a guy coming to have a look that has years of experience in vehicle welding repair. Problem I have to get the car to his workshop after and I dought it will be cheap, but needs to be done right. If his gonna do a similar job as westfield then I might aswell do it myself.