Board logo

Tiger Avon Project/Parts (Job-LOT)
grist_e - 19/2/24 at 04:27 PM

NOTE i am based in the South of Sheffield, South Yorkshire

I am selling for space reasons my unfinished Tiger Avon.

I have been collecting parts for a while waiting for a big build but alas this is not going to happen

Therefore i am selling the whole lot at a bargain price to move it on quick GRAB A BARGAIN all major parts described as per below and a few photos included, however i have a full pdf with 50+ photos i can send to anyone who wishes to see more. or feel free to ask questions

Cash on collection £1500 already a bargain so unfortunately NO OFFERS!!!

Chassis n wheels side view
Chassis n wheels side view

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 19/2/24 by grist_e]

[Edited on 19/2/24 by grist_e]

[Edited on 20/2/24 by grist_e]

JoelP - 20/2/24 at 05:46 PM

Your location got cleared at the reset.

grist_e - 20/2/24 at 05:54 PM

Updated main post with address details, thanks for highlighting.

Mr Whippy - 21/2/24 at 09:46 PM

I think that is a fantastic price for so much. However as the engine is in bits it might be worth detailing a bit more on what is needed to assemble and get it running. I have those exact stands, I'd be scared to put my whole weight on them, far less a car

grist_e - 22/2/24 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I think that is a fantastic price for so much. However as the engine is in bits it might be worth detailing a bit more on what is needed to assemble and get it running. I have those exact stands, I'd be scared to put my whole weight on them, far less a car

So the engine was bought complete by me from ebay as an 80k miles running but "Burning oil" condition I didnt hear it running.

It arrived complete on a pallet with quite a few ancillaries (injectors, coil etc)

my intention was to strip it down clean it up re-ring it and run it as is.

so i carefully dismantled and arranged all parts in order in their boxes etc and visually inspected for wear (didn't see anything obviously concerning but again didn't exactly taken a micrometer to any of the parts.) needless to say i was confident enough to send the block and head away for glass blasting (for vanity purposes more than anything ) and start to bbu parts

Whilst looking for replacement rings i found a seller (performance engine builder) who was removing the whole pistons/rings/rods from brand new crated engines which he didn't need thus i bought a set of those, i also purchased a Raceline Alloy sump and new Mains/thrust washers. and some millers assembly paste (all included)

the sump carries more oil than s standard sump and uses the Duuratec 2.3 oil pump which i had not yet bought.

I also had the flywheel skimmed (cant remember how much was taken off but bare minimum to just clean it up)

so for re-assembly i was going to check and measure tolerances and wear then buy new, head gasket and valve stem oil seals, may have bought a new cam chain (probably not...) new rod, big end and head bolts new crank /cam oil seals. the 2.3 oil pump and windage tray for the new sump and just
assemble from there.

I may have forgotten some details but happy to add any further details/pictures if needed.

J90rdn - 4/3/24 at 10:39 AM

Would you sell the quick rack separately?

grist_e - 4/3/24 at 04:02 PM

Hi Jordan Thanks for the enquiry, at present i would like to keep it all together (my thinking is that someone could actually buy the lot and sell off the bits they dont want separately and make a tidy profit...

That said obviously If it sits too long without any takers as a Job Lot i may consider selling parts off separate and if i do i will be sure to U2U first.

Kind Regards
Craig

J90rdn - 4/3/24 at 06:05 PM

Thanks Craig - completely understand, and someone's getting an absolute bargain. Free bump.

HowardB - 8/3/24 at 10:33 AM

That is a bargain!

GLWTS

bttt

wowblaauw - 9/3/24 at 01:03 PM

U2 sent

grist_e - 12/3/24 at 07:33 PM

Hi guys just to advise this is now SOLD subject to completion.

thank you for all the interest

Regards
Craig