Board logo

R1 Mk Indy
desyboy - 15/6/08 at 03:40 PM

The time has come for me to sell my indy as i need the space for my recent project. please click the link: http://www.cobraworkshop.co.uk/MKR1/

[Edited on 15/6/08 by desyboy]

[Edited on 15/6/08 by desyboy]

eccsmk - 15/6/08 at 03:41 PM

server not found

donut - 15/6/08 at 03:43 PM

I have watched this car being built and i can honestly say it's the best Indy i have ever seen. The attention to detail and effort put in in fabrication is amazing.

And it goes like stink!!

[Edited on 15/6/08 by donut]

Paul TigerB6 - 15/6/08 at 03:44 PM

working link

desyboy - 15/6/08 at 03:46 PM

the link works now

eccsmk - 15/6/08 at 03:58 PM

absolutely stunning

carpy - 15/6/08 at 05:51 PM

Lovely car. Wouldn't a remapped 2003 R1 engine setup with a power commander put out a little more than 120 at the rear wheels?

desyboy - 15/6/08 at 06:16 PM

Thats the difference between actual bhp and guestimated bhp.

bob - 17/6/08 at 09:08 PM

Sad to see it go des

I've not seen better on my travels

desyboy - 21/6/08 at 05:35 PM

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD

bob - 21/6/08 at 09:31 PM

I am not suprised it didnt take long to sell, cars a gooden.

Anyone we know des ?

Si - 24/6/08 at 09:54 AM

Guy's, I'm the new owner. Its way up in Hull, East Yorkshire now. Long journey, 5:20am start and returned 9:30pm to get pretty wet unloading the trailer!!
Cars great, just getting to grips with the gear change and general feel of the car. What can I say, great ride, brakes, quiet when cruising, screen works great, 90 with no sunglasses on backs this up. Brilliant so far and just praying for many nice dry summer days.

carpy - 24/6/08 at 12:20 PM

Ah what a lightweight with your trailer! Should have got the train down and driven the car back up! Now that would be hardcore.

Then again with the state of our public transport you'd probably still not have arrived.

desyboy - 24/6/08 at 09:28 PM

carpy have you got anything good to say?what are you building?

[Edited on 24/6/08 by desyboy]

carpy - 25/6/08 at 07:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by desyboy
carpy have you got anything good to say?what are you building?

[Edited on 24/6/08 by desyboy]

A portfolio of enemies by the looks of it. I didn't realise humour wasn't permitted.

desyboy - 26/6/08 at 08:17 PM

what are you building carpy?

JoelP - 26/6/08 at 08:34 PM

desy you seem to have missed an obvious joke there mate, no need for attitude.

desyboy - 26/6/08 at 09:05 PM

Sorry but i dont find crabbers funny.

carpy - 26/6/08 at 10:15 PM

quote:

What's a crabber? Where's your sense of humour? Unless you're a bit challenged up top you can't have failed to notice the humorous intent of my post.

I'm not building anything. I'm on the lookout for a good MK Indy / Mac1 / MNR with a recent R1 or similar setup.

I was interested in your car for sale hence my subscription to this thread.

andy.autograss - 27/6/08 at 10:37 AM

This Indy looks great, look forward to hearing more

desyboy - 28/6/08 at 02:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by carpy
quote:

What's a crabber? Where's your sense of humour? Unless you're a bit challenged up top you can't have failed to notice the humorous intent of my post.

I'm not building anything. I'm on the lookout for a good MK Indy / Mac1 / MNR with a recent R1 or similar setup.

I was interested in your car for sale hence my subscription to this thread.

Your not building anything, you havent got anything, i thought as much. say no more!

[Edited on 28/6/08 by desyboy]

carpy - 28/6/08 at 12:55 PM

What's that supposed to mean? If you've got a problem with me just spit it out please.

It seems like you're saying I'm some kind of timewaster and shouldn't be on the forums. Is that what you are getting at?

I don't see why I need to justify my presence on here to you, but I'll do it anyway.

After many helpful chats on here with long standing members I have in the last month made 2 firm offers (of around £8000) on cars which have come up for sale and fitted my requirements.

Last week I travelled 210 miles to go and visit Welderman (Joe), bought some parts from him, and over a nice brew we debated the pros & cons of BEC v CEC. The net result was he persuaded me to go for a BEC.

Does that sound like a timewaster to you?

Every single other person I've spoken to has been helpful and welcoming, apart from you.

Again, what is your problem?

[Edited on 28/6/08 by carpy]

Fozzie - 28/6/08 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
desy you seem to have missed an obvious joke there mate, no need for attitude.

Quite right Joel...!

The car is sold

It's the weekend

I've got an 'edache

Thread Closed!

Fozzie