Board logo

Windscreen
Murphy - 4/3/12 at 06:46 PM

I need a windscreen.I have a Locost I put glass into my cracked frame. I think it was a 2B Robin hood one and guess what I cracked it today AGAIN.

I don't think the frame will stand up to being split again.

Anyone help.

Bladerunner - 4/3/12 at 06:53 PM

Go to Autowindscreens they will cut you one from that is marked with the apporpriate logo.

Murphy - 4/3/12 at 07:22 PM

Did that last time and the guy made a mess of the frame and there is no way it will split and go back together again hence the reason I'm looking for another cheers matey.

KitCatE1 - 4/3/12 at 07:30 PM

I broke my windscreen as well yesterday my own fault whoops I called auto windscreens they quoted me 320 yes three hundred and twenty of my hard earned pounds of course I laughed lol getting a quote from auto glass tomorrow if not ill just put in a glass claim although that will cost me 75

Slimy38 - 4/3/12 at 07:33 PM

Could you make a template of the frame and get them to cut from that, rather than let them loose with the frame?

Murphy - 4/3/12 at 07:46 PM

If I'm honest I just want a screen and frame that will fit. I hope if anyone has links or they are getting rid they can help me. I'm gutted I cracked it as I had to take bits off to allow the brackets to fit flush the guy made such a poor job of it. Not even a kite mark on the glass as he used an off cut.

This should be easy eh.