Board logo

WTD - Sierra Hazard Light Button
mikeb - 11/8/15 at 08:47 AM

I'm after a Sierra Hazard Light button (the red plastic bit that clips in the top of the switch).
Its needs to be from an early sierra set of stalk rather than the later stalks (I've got a set of those)
Thanks

Mike

furryeggs - 11/8/15 at 11:56 AM

Think your in luck, I'll check when i get in, I'm not using my stalks etc

Vmax1974 - 11/8/15 at 12:01 PM

Think I have one of just the red plastic bits too and some spare storks for that matter if you dont get sorted I will dig em out and see if they any good to you

Chris_Xtreme - 11/8/15 at 12:05 PM

out of interest, what have you guys changed too if not the sierra stalks? (assuming you still have the same column)

I find the sierra stalks to be ok, but I am on my second lot due to the hazard switch failing which stops the indicators working. I bought ages ago a new (separate) hazard switch, but never got round to working out how to wire it in etc.. different stalks could work too.

cheers, Chris

Irony - 11/8/15 at 02:29 PM

I've got a CBS stalk. Works a treat and easy to wire. No self cancelling though.

Vmax1974 - 11/8/15 at 04:01 PM

I am still using sierra stalks just got a spare set

rusty nuts - 11/8/15 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris_Xtreme
out of interest, what have you guys changed too if not the sierra stalks? (assuming you still have the same column)

I find the sierra stalks to be ok, but I am on my second lot due to the hazard switch failing which stops the indicators working. I bought ages ago a new (separate) hazard switch, but never got round to working out how to wire it in etc.. different stalks could work too.

cheers, Chris

Common problem due to moisture getting into the contacts, try a squirt of contact cleaner followed by WD40 before changing the switch

Chris_Xtreme - 11/8/15 at 07:03 PM

Thanks for the tip, my set that failed was down to the plastic where the wire sort of spring goes wearing out.
Cheers

furryeggs - 11/8/15 at 07:52 PM

I do have a hazard switch I'm not using, its still attached to the Stalks.

furryeggs - 12/8/15 at 06:15 PM

£5 + p&p

[img][/img]