Board logo

Locost style project or chassis
Dudefladge - 10/3/16 at 09:16 PM

I'm continuing my search for a Locost style project to get me into the Locost scene.

I prefer something that has a good head start or at least has many of the suspension bits to get me started. I don't need a complete, running, registered vehicle. Just something to get my hands dirty.

A Haynes type chassis would be ideal. Something with the engine in front, two seats, rear wheel drive... You get the idea... :-)

I'm just looking for something I can fiddle with for the next 1 1/2 years before I go back to the US. I may not even get it running by then and that's okay. I just want something to play with! LOL

I'm looking for something under 700 GBP as a starting point. That amount could vary depending on the project.

Thanks.

Rob

750mc - 11/3/16 at 05:34 PM

Hi Ive sent you a message

Dudefladge - 11/3/16 at 06:19 PM

Replied. Thank you!

andrews_45 - 19/3/16 at 01:02 PM

I've got my locost race car. Stripped to rolling chassis. Brand new engine...

Dudefladge - 19/3/16 at 02:51 PM

U2U and email sent. Thanks.

Dudefladge - 24/3/16 at 03:52 PM

I think I've found what I want.... :-)

I'll post again with photos once I pick it up! ;-)

Dudefladge - 9/4/16 at 06:34 PM

Not really a Locost, but a good way to get me started....

I just bought a Ginetta G20 from Stuart Pearson.
"Some assembly required" would be putting it lightly.

I'll start a build thread once I have an idea about what the heck I'm doing.

Not to worry. I still have dreams of building my own Locost.

Ocahan - 9/4/16 at 09:40 PM

Not sure how much of a project your after but this is forsale near me,(N.ireland)
https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/locost-kit-car-project/1161517911

Dudefladge - 13/4/16 at 10:09 AM

I've seen that one advertised before. It looks like a nice project at a good price.

I need to recover from my road trip to fetch the G20 before I plan another long road trip.

Thanks!