Board logo

Boxes for house move
Plunky - 25/1/17 at 10:07 AM

As titled.
Does anyone have anything, or know of somewhere to get them, preferably at little to no cost.
Thanks,
Liam

pekwah1 - 25/1/17 at 10:19 AM

a lot of wine boxes from tesco?

loggyboy - 25/1/17 at 10:22 AM

Definitely a 'who' not 'what' you know situation.
Do you know anyone who works in a factory who packs, or an office who uses a decent courier?
The wifes company uses TNT and the supply presized boxes with 'max weights' to keep their distribution simple, a few have found their way home for storage!

garyo - 25/1/17 at 10:30 AM

You see a lot on eBay from people just after a house move. That's how I got mine, then flipped them back on the 'bay for what I paid for them.

Stevie_P - 25/1/17 at 10:54 AM

May be able to help.
We're about to move and have plenty of boxes though not sure what the other half has planned for them.

When are you moving?

Steve

[Edited on 25/1/17 by Stevie_P]

femster87 - 25/1/17 at 10:57 AM

Go to your local pharmacy. They have loads of the green boxes

cliftyhanger - 25/1/17 at 11:50 AM

We got a load off freecycle for nowt. Some were decent proper moving boxes, others were an assortment of others that were fine for light stuff.
We found a packaging tape handle/dispenser a very useful tool.....

Plunky - 25/1/17 at 01:50 PM

Hi Steve,
3 weeks time.
If you could help, that would be great.
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Stevie_P
May be able to help.
We're about to move and have plenty of boxes though not sure what the other half has planned for them.

When are you moving?

Steve

[Edited on 25/1/17 by Stevie_P]

Stevie_P - 25/1/17 at 02:10 PM

No worries.

I'll shout when we're in and unpacked and, assuming the other half has no urgent use for the boxes we can sort something out.

Steve

theconrodkid - 25/1/17 at 03:46 PM

for heavier stuff i bought a load of plastic boxes,just over 1 foot square from poundland,waterproof and lots of pretty colours so ideal for your garage afterwards and they were a bargain at £1 each

designer - 25/1/17 at 04:01 PM

Local Morrisons will give you banana boxes. They even saved a pile for me when I asked them.
I got 47 from them when I moved!!

ian locostzx9rc2 - 25/1/17 at 04:50 PM

Local motor factors always have lots of boxes that's where I get mine from

miskit - 25/1/17 at 04:52 PM

Banana boxes are where it's at.
They have a top and a bottom, have hand holes and are immensely strong. I actually use them for my business, - I pick up a load from Sainsburys every week that they keep for me.