Board logo

Rear Coilovers
alland3851 - 18/5/17 at 01:51 PM

Hi, in process of changing the rear setup my S7 Hood from the sierra setup. I am going down the Coil over route. Anybody got any that would be suitable. Don't know the open/closed sizes I would need.

Thanks Allan

theduck - 18/5/17 at 02:12 PM

Some good info here http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=43338&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

alland3851 - 18/5/17 at 04:12 PM

Thanks for the link to the RHOCAR Site. I had looked at this but the rear ends are not the same as the S7
There is a mention when using the Sierra back end the coil over fits into the spring base but no mention of how it is attached at the top.

Thanks

theduck - 18/5/17 at 04:53 PM

I have an s7 too, pretty sure the way steamer has done it on his exmo in that thread would be suitable for an s7

alland3851 - 18/5/17 at 09:38 PM

The pic of Steamers looks quite a bit different from my set up. Does your S7 use the sierra back end ? I agree that a coil over would need to fit inside the spring well. Is it just a matter of making up a top plate to bolt to the boot side panel at the appropriate height depending on the coil over length ? If so that seems pretty straightforward. I just need to source decent units at a decent price.

Thanks

Dingz - 18/5/17 at 10:40 PM

Are you sure of the model you have, there were a few and varied. Check the N W Hoodies site Link
Yours may use the standard Sierra shocks which are long and fix to the top back corner of the tub, and the standard springs sit in a well in the trailing arm as the car. If so you need to make a reinforcing section to fit along the side of the tub to spread the now additional load of a coil over arrangement.

alland3851 - 19/5/17 at 08:08 AM

Looked at the RHOCAR site and have identified it as a Mk1 Sierra based car. Does anybody have a pic of what the strengthening needs to be ?

Any help much appreciated

Allan

Dingz - 19/5/17 at 10:37 AM

Pictures are like the ones on the link that Duck sent you, for more info you would be better to ask on the Rhocar site.

alland3851 - 19/5/17 at 06:51 PM

Thanks for all the info

Allan