Board logo

Race Suit
peter030371 - 24/8/17 at 09:26 AM

I am looking for a race suit, for track days first (I know I don't need one but its more comfortable than jeans) and then possibly for sprinting next year.

I am 6'2" and 80Kg so a slim build.

Has anyone got a suit lying around they don't want/use anymore? Its got to be in good, clean condition and no more than 5 or 6 years old.

daniel mason - 24/8/17 at 09:47 AM

If your intending sprinting then make sure it's 8856-2000 approved or whatever the fia number is. Otherwise you'll need to buy another next year

Bunje - 24/8/17 at 09:47 AM

i have one of these never been worn just tried on. still in the bag
it doesnt fit me around the waist/ mid riff area too many burgers
http://www.plays-kool.co.uk/acatalog/RaceLidz_3_Layer_FIA_Race_Suits-1.html the sizing is at the bottom of the page but its very small
£150 posted next day if your interested

peter030371 - 24/8/17 at 10:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
If your intending sprinting then make sure it's 8856-2000 approved or whatever the fia number is. Otherwise you'll need to buy another next year

Understood (and agree) but if I do sprint it will be in something like the Javlin Sprint Series as the MSA rules have now reached a point of simply putting me off other events!

quote:
Originally posted by Bunje
http://www.plays-kool.co.uk/acatalog/RaceLidz_3_Layer_FIA_Race_Suits-1.html the sizing is at the bottom of the page but its very small

What size have you got?

[Edited on 24/8/17 by peter030371]

daniel mason - 24/8/17 at 12:15 PM

There's many kits still running in msa events.dont be put off too much by hearsay it's not as bad as you think!

Bunje - 24/8/17 at 12:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by peter030371
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason

Understood (and agree) but if I do sprint it will be in something like the Javlin Sprint Series as the MSA rules have now reached a point of simply putting me off other events!

quote:

What size have you got?

[Edited on 24/8/17 by peter030371]

sorry should have put the size on there lol its a large
im 6ft tall and around 15 stone it fits height wise and i can zip it up but its tight around the gut

peter030371 - 24/8/17 at 01:02 PM

quote:

sorry should have put the size on there lol its a large
im 6ft tall and around 15 stone it fits height wise and i can zip it up but its tight around the gut

OK, I am just waiting for them to send me a size chart I can read!

peter030371 - 24/8/17 at 08:20 PM

quote:

Very tempted but I think it's going to come up short on me

Any others?

Bunje - 24/8/17 at 08:42 PM

Did they send you a copy of the size guide. I bet you couldn't send me a copy if they did. Could you

peter030371 - 25/8/17 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Did they send you a copy of the size guide. I bet you couldn't send me a copy if they did. Could you

Not they didn't but looking at the website on my phone I could zoom in and it was just about readable unlike when I zoomed in on my PC!