Board logo

Bias Bar Pedal Box
PaulYDP - 11/9/19 at 01:59 PM

I'm looking for a bias bar pedal box if anyone has one lying around before I purchase new? Something like the Compbrake or OBP versions with a cable clutch.

If someone even had the brake pedal on it's own twin cylinders and a bias bar I'd also be interested.

Cheers.

Benzo - 13/9/19 at 07:42 AM

would something like that not allow you to convert your own setup Paul?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Balance-Bar-Tube-Brake-Bias-Pedal-Box-RACE-RALLY-NEXT-DAY-DELIVERY/272898446794?hash=item3f8a03d5ca:g:tFMAAOSwPpZZ7cP V

PaulYDP - 13/9/19 at 10:25 AM

Unfortunately not on the new car Iain! It's got fixed pedals with the brake pedal having no way of accepting a bias bar without some engineering. I'd rather just do it right and either fit a new brake pedal or ideally a full pedal box (but that means cutting out the old pedal mounts etc....

mark chandler - 14/9/19 at 08:53 PM

At Shelsea a couple of months ago there was a turbo charged TR8, he made a stand off bracket that bolted to the front of the servo with a pair of master cylinders running the rod out of the servo to a bais balance bar.

Has to be much easier than chopping out the pedal assembly.

PaulYDP - 16/9/19 at 03:26 PM

Cheers for the tip, just looked up and something like this would maybe work and would be a lot simpler to install... Food for thought!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Brake-Bias-Pedal-Box-Kit-Rally-Race-Car-OE026KIT/372386747387?hash=item56b3fad3fb:g:egEAAOSwtItbYCnE

phil clegg - 27/11/19 at 08:18 PM

I have a obp brake pedal with bias adjuster and twin cylinders. Its tatty and bit bent. Can be cleaned and fettled up .was badly fitted by an ape but never used. £40 includes post to mainland U.K. Can send picture to whatsap. Phil 07957617548 .

Angel Acevedo - 29/11/19 at 12:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by phil clegg
I have a obp brake pedal with bias adjuster and twin cylinders. Its tatty and bit bent. Can be cleaned and fettled up .was badly fitted by an ape but never used. £40 includes post to mainland U.K. Can send picture to whatsap. Phil 07957617548 .

If Paul doesn“t want it and you are willing to ship to Mexico I may have use for that.
Thanks in advance.