Board logo

Wanted = Cheap Seats!
Pat_T - 18/2/20 at 03:42 PM

Hi all,

I need some seats for my classic Mini Minus EV project. I have a few ideas in mind, but whatever happens I will likely end up chopping and modifying them so keen to not shell out too much on the base seats.

Ideally - hard shell fibreglass backed, but would consider tube frame or recliners if not too heavy (ideally sub 5kg each).

Definite requirement that they be a matching pair.

Sure someone will have some lurking in their garden shed that they don't want! Let me know what you have. Can collect within say 100 mile radius of Coventry...

cheers,
Pat

Stu_L - 18/2/20 at 08:26 PM

Hi, my luego came with a spare set of wider seats, which are still
Hanging up in the garage, I can get them out and measure them and send photos on Friday for you? They're fibreglass buckets, just with captive nuts in the bases, (no runners). And 4 holes for harnesses.

They're quite scratched from use/storage, but no breaks or cracks.

If you're after something for a show car, they might not be for you, but I wouldn't be asking silly money either.

Stu

(Ps, did I buy a helmet from you a couple of years back? I seem to remember your profile pic)

Pat_T - 19/2/20 at 07:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stu_L
Hi, my luego came with a spare set of wider seats, which are still
Hanging up in the garage, I can get them out and measure them and send photos on Friday for you? They're fibreglass buckets, just with captive nuts in the bases, (no runners). And 4 holes for harnesses.

They're quite scratched from use/storage, but no breaks or cracks.

If you're after something for a show car, they might not be for you, but I wouldn't be asking silly money either.

Stu

(Ps, did I buy a helmet from you a couple of years back? I seem to remember your profile pic)

Hi Stu,

They sound like they could fit the bill. I need to cut them about a bit, maybe add some fibreglass in areas, and then was planning on getting the finished article professionally upholstered once finished anyway so a few scratches is not too much of an issue.

Width wise I have probably a bit more space than most sevens, it's height that may be a concern as my Mini Minus is a full 4 inches lower than a standard classic mini.

Send me some pics and let me know what you're looking for pricewise please

cheers,
Pat

edit- ps don't remember selling a helmet on here, but it's been a few years! I used to buy/sell quite a lot on here...

[Edited on 19/2/20 by Pat_T]

Stu_L - 19/2/20 at 11:48 AM

I'll do my best to get them out tonight, and get a few measurements and pics.
I'll U2U you asap, cheers
Stu

motorcycle_mayhem - 19/2/20 at 08:00 PM

Current seat selection from my departed ex-race cars and abandoned projects.....

Cobra Monaco, vgc., your cheap steel frame seat, enough said.
Description
Description

Motordrive Composite, rather nice, lightweight, fitted into my Clan beautifully.
Description
Description

Motordrive GRP seat, vgc., fitted my Westfield beautifully, mounts straight to the floor.
Description
Description

Description
Description