Board logo

Looking for an MK Indy/ locost/luego to buy and rebuild with a bike engine
scotlad - 10/4/20 at 08:25 AM

Hi guys I'm looking for a project...

I've got an old blade engine from an Indy I built in 2003. It's a cracking engine, and now my boys are up a bit, I have the time and cash to get back to building again. I'm looking for a registered car that I could strip and rebuild with the blade engine. I can't afford to build from scratch, plus after the MK and a robin hood SVA, I can't be arsed going through it all again.

I've got a purchase budget of around 4k. If any of you fine folks know of anything suitable, or come across something in passing, please let me know.

Cheers

Graham

COREdevelopments - 10/4/20 at 09:18 PM

I have a Luego Locost that I am considering selling. It is currently sorned and has no Mot, my plans prior to this Covid19 virus was to Mot and tax it for the summer and use it with intention to sell. But that sadly won't be happening.

Chassis - Luego Locost
Engine - Toyota ae92 4AGE late smallport running on twin 40 dhla Dellortos with Megajolt Igntion. Also has Accusump plumbed in.
Suspension - front has cortina uprights with alloy hubs, Rear is live axle 5 linked using gaz coilovers all round.
Transmission - Toyota Ae86 T50 gearbox with Ae86 live axle std Lsd.
Brakes - OPB floor mounted pedal box. Front has Wilwood powerlites with mintex 1144 pads and solid cortina discs. Rear has laguna solid discs with TRW calipers.
Bodywork - GTS locost fibreglass with CarbonMods Dash, aeroscreen, CSR cycle wings and boot panel.
Wheel - Team dynamics pro race 1.2s with Yokohama Pradas 195-50-15
Interior - Intatrim odyssey seats with sabelt harnesses CarbonMods Dash with Koso RX1 Speedo (Bike version) Momo steering wheel and carpeted cockpit.

It was SVA'd in 2008 and has only covered approx. 4k.
It has been off the road more than on and I can't justify keeping it as would like to do another project. I would consider selling the car without engine and box if this suits.

Price wise if it was Mot'd and on the road I would be asking £5500-£6000. This obviously is not the case so would consider offers.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks

Rob

[img] side view
side view
[/img]

scotlad - 11/4/20 at 07:51 AM

Hi Rob, thanks for the offer, the car sounds fabulous, though a bit too 'fresh' for what I'm after.
Thanks to the power of Locostbuilders, I will soon be the owner of the ex Rob C R1 locost 😁. It will be getting a full back to chassis overhaul once the coronavirus releases its grip and I'm allowed to go and fetch it!

Happy Days 😁😁