Board logo

I normally take completion estimates with a pinch of salt
iank - 30/4/11 at 08:58 PM

but 99% complete, really?

eBay Item

iscmatt - 30/4/11 at 09:17 PM

how stupid

loggyboy - 30/4/11 at 09:43 PM

I think its just badly worded, I think (and hope) he means there are 99% of the parts there to complete it! (ie the kit is 99% complete, not 99% completed)

Either that or he's missed a decimal place and its 9.9%

iank - 30/4/11 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
I think its just badly worded, I think (and hope) he means there are 99% of the parts there to complete it! (ie the kit is 99% complete, not 99% completed)

Either that or he's missed a decimal place and its 9.9%

If the photo's had shown a few more parts I might have believed that, but an oily engine a couple of seats and a few wheels don't fill me with confidence. I think 9.9% is still a high estimate.

loggyboy - 30/4/11 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
If the photo's had shown a few more parts I might have believed that, but an oily engine a couple of seats and a few wheels don't fill me with confidence. I think 9.9% is still a high estimate.

You're right, on looking at it more there is a distinct lack of wishbones, steering mechanism, transmission and god knows what else!

watsonpj - 30/4/11 at 11:43 PM

I think he means he has spent 99% of the 250 pounds to get it this far

Krismc - 1/5/11 at 07:15 AM

So you cant see the parts, and he wont accept questions - so when you buy it and all the bits aint there, ebay have no proof to protect you, i hate sales like this.

orton1966 - 1/5/11 at 07:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
So you cant see the parts, and he wont accept questions - so when you buy it and all the bits aint there, ebay have no proof to protect you, i hate sales like this.

I always like these 'selling for a friend' listings. I always take it as code for - I know I’m selling something that is total rubbish and there are lots of questions I know people will ask but if I do answer correctly they will know it’s a pile of S**T so I’ll refuse to answer questions and hope some mug might takes a blind punt