Board logo

Some tool kit
Thinking about it - 3/6/11 at 08:01 AM

NTDWM

SNAP ON TOOLS ------LARGE COLLECTION----- | eBay UK

couch22k - 3/6/11 at 08:23 AM

Thanks for the post mate.

Please note I now own the tools after doing a swap for a set of Laser spanners, an ALDI spirit level and a ASDA bag for life. BARGAIN.

Thanks

Steve

P.S Read the questions he's been asked on ebay, well worth a read.

[Edited on 3/6/11 by couch22k]

clairetoo - 3/6/11 at 08:42 AM

Damn.................I just got drool all over the keyboard

But................why buy all those tools , and not use them ? ? ? And then sell them ? ? ?

Dick Axtell - 3/6/11 at 08:45 AM

By the time you'd got that lot into yer garage, there'd be no room left for the project car!!

big_wasa - 3/6/11 at 09:17 AM

Yeh been watching them. Strange as not even a main dealer spanner monkey needs all of them to himself.

theconrodkid - 3/6/11 at 09:17 AM

personally i think there is something dodgy going on there,why would you buy that lot and never use it,maybe they are bankrupt stock or nicked or some part of a scam...who knows?

montythemole - 3/6/11 at 09:29 AM

Could be legit. I know a lot of women with rooms full of clothes they've never worn, this is just the bloke version!

Heard a fair bit of poor press on snap on recently, and more people are realising they cost so much because the credit fee is built into the price to allow Mr Mechanic to pay £2 a week for 6 years for his socket rail, not because they are actually worth the list price.

That being said I'd still love that much stuff!

mrwibble - 3/6/11 at 09:38 AM

that man likes tools...

neilp1 - 3/6/11 at 09:48 AM

Just imagine trying to find the spanner your looking for!! Nightmare!!

big_wasa - 3/6/11 at 09:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by neilp1

Nah there are hundereds of the same size

neilp1 - 3/6/11 at 09:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
quote:
Originally posted by neilp1

Nah there are hundereds of the same size

Except the one your looking for!!!
Happens all the time to me

James - 3/6/11 at 10:53 AM

Could they be fakes? I gather there's fake Halfords stuff going round. If someone's bothered to fake Halford, SnapOn must be a far more tempting target!

Or just stolen?

Just all seems a little odd to me.

Be interesting to know if there's any SnapOn reps watching it!

Cheers,
James

mrwibble - 3/6/11 at 12:06 PM

whatever they are and whether he's a con or a genuine, if slighty deranged man, they selling for over £26k !!!

eddie99 - 3/6/11 at 12:10 PM

Drooooollll

ashg - 3/6/11 at 12:21 PM

i reckon even if i bought the whole lot i would still lose my 13mm socket

eddie99 - 3/6/11 at 12:23 PM

10mm is the worst i must have 5 from different tool kits...... Can never find one!

bigrich - 4/6/11 at 06:32 PM

sold for £33,950 to a buyer with 8 feedback score.

hillbillyracer - 4/6/11 at 06:52 PM

I cant really get my head round why any one would amass such a collection, unless they had a trade connection or there was something dodgy!
Possible it's all legit & he's just weird, it takes all sorts!

scootz - 4/6/11 at 06:58 PM

Could well be genuine I suppose... but it just screams "DODGY" at me!

Doctor Derek Doctors - 6/6/11 at 07:23 AM

Awesome, truly awesome. A collection we can all aspire to.

I don't know why everyone is saying its dodgy though, my dad was a nap-On dealer for the first 20 years of my life and I saw collections like this (and much bigger ones) all the time as a kid.

There was for instance a guy my dad used to sell to, in his 50's, worked as head of maintenance in a massive food factory, he spent hundreds of pounds a week on Snap-On tools just because he loved them, he'd preuse the new catalogiues for any new tool and buy it regardless of whether it was needed or not. Due to the sterile nature of his work they were like surgical instruments, most had never even been used and his collection dwarfed that.

jollygreengiant - 6/6/11 at 08:21 AM

I reckon my toolbox kit has cost me some where in the order of 20 - 24k and those of you that have seen it will KNOW what I'm talking about. A good motor-mech will know exactly where each tool is that he needs to use.

Doctor Derek Doctors - 6/6/11 at 12:31 PM

The other thing is that well looked after tools don't really age so many collections are a lifetimes worth of buying.

I remember when I started at my first race team on industrial placement I had about 10 spanners and a screwdriver, only 7 years later I have 2 Roll Cabs and a Top chest rammed with hand tools as well as all my garage equipment. So in another 30 years who knows how big it will be.

norm007 - 31/7/11 at 12:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hillbillyracer
I cant really get my head round why any one would amass such a collection, unless they had a trade connection or there was something dodgy!
Possible it's all legit & he's just weird, it takes all sorts!

Bloke who owns Chinese restaurant near me has a huge Snap on collection that he has never used.

Some people collect stamps others collect tools I suppose???

Peteff - 31/7/11 at 11:05 PM

I can honestly say I own about £400 worth of spanners and they do everything I will ever need.

Litemoth - 31/7/11 at 11:19 PM

You'd have to do a lot of work to get the 33K back....madness.

Sadly, the seller can't even spell "Engineers" (ENGINEARS) ...maybe he's going to spend the money on some night classes?