Board logo

Possible group buy - Airboxes (gauging interest)
Hugh_ - 19/2/12 at 04:12 PM

I'm about to contact the seller of these Airboxes to see if he can do a discount for 2, if anyone else is interested in one let me know and I'll see what he can do.

He does two sizes (460 & 550mm width), both the same price. There'll also the option of an integral air filter which uses a Pipercross 3 layer Race Foam for an additional £75 (it includes CNC'd mounts for it!), it is large enough that you might be able to run individual trumpet socks inside it though (though its about £50 for a set of them :/)

Let me know if interested.

[Edited on 19/2/12 by Hugh_]

Andybarbet - 19/2/12 at 05:14 PM

I looked at these a while ago, they look spot on.

Only thing is, i've picked up a Nissan Gti-R alloy airbox so im going to see how that comes out.

Good luck with the group buy, i would love to see some pictures of this airbox fitted to a 7 alike car.

I did find this place doing a similar thing but from memory they area lot more cash.

http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Air_Filters/Air_Boxes/Air_Boxes.htm

[Edited on 19/2/12 by Andybarbet]

[Edited on 19/2/12 by Andybarbet]

tul214 - 19/2/12 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet

i would love to see some pictures of this airbox fitted to a 7 alike car.

k2rum 1
k2rum 1

k2rum 2
k2rum 2

gavin174 - 19/2/12 at 08:23 PM

hi

I may be interested.. not a definate thou..

need to get some advice from the engine builder first.

cheers

Gavin

Hugh_ - 19/2/12 at 08:38 PM

Crikey, I realised they were big but hadnt realised they were that big! Think I need to mock it up and see if I can make it work!

INDY BIRD - 20/2/12 at 08:09 AM

What do they do for power any significant gains there, apart from adding more things to make the car even less aero than the bricks they are?

I like it though,

designer - 20/2/12 at 10:57 AM

I think they are way too big and poorly made.

whitestu - 20/2/12 at 11:08 AM

That looks like it would ingest small children as you drive along!

Maybe OK for track use but a bit daft for the road.

Hugh_ - 20/2/12 at 11:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by designer
I think they are way too big and poorly made.

In what way poorly made? I take it you've had first have experience of them?

I have mocked it up and I would need to cut a 55mm section from the top to get it higher (as it's going on carbs which are horizontal not inclined like Jenveys.

To the poster asking about the benefits, in an injection system the more and colder air you can get the more fuel it'll inject and the more power you have. I have carbs and have stand off issues (fuel misting outside the carbs) which should be curable with an airbox, hence looking at these.

jeffw - 20/2/12 at 11:24 AM

That is enormous....6" intake ! The Pipercross airbox (which I've just taken off my car) comes as 75 or 100mm and is good for 250BHP.

Hugh_ - 20/2/12 at 11:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
That is enormous....6" intake ! The Pipercross airbox (which I've just taken off my car) comes as 75 or 100mm and is good for 250BHP.

I've just replied to your thread about that on SKCC Jeff.

jeffw - 20/2/12 at 11:39 AM

Yes, saw that