Board logo

Go Pro HD - £21 hmmmmmmm
BangedupTiger - 18/1/13 at 04:09 PM

How dodgy is this?

NEW GoPro HD HERO 2 Motorsports pack 1080p Camera 00185323000880

whitestu - 18/1/13 at 04:13 PM

Must be a copy. It would be interesting to see how good a copy.

The GoPros are overpriced for what they are.

Stu

rost - 18/1/13 at 04:14 PM

Might be just a mistake in the listing?

BangedupTiger - 18/1/13 at 04:18 PM

well i've taken a chance, hopefully paypal backup will be in play, cause i dont hold out much hope of receiving it, let alone it being genuine

rost - 18/1/13 at 04:22 PM

His other items are also rediculously cheap, must be some sort of scam.

theduck - 18/1/13 at 04:23 PM

Interested to see how it turns out though can guarantee none will be left by time you say it's brilliant

mcerd1 - 18/1/13 at 04:24 PM

...or stolen of the production line in China (were he is based)

austin man - 18/1/13 at 04:26 PM

Nearly all their stuff is around that price

theduck - 18/1/13 at 04:32 PM

Hmm after seeing other items I think I wouldn't have risked it.

minitici - 18/1/13 at 04:40 PM

Got to be a scam - most things sold to date were 99p led lights.
Suddenly lists cheap 'high value' items.

Probably hoping to make off with PayPal's funds before getting charge backs for non-delivery.

the old adage "... if it looks too good to be true...."

[Edited on 18/1/13 by minitici]

scudderfish - 18/1/13 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theduck
Hmm after seeing other items I think I wouldn't have risked it.

I took the other opinion. 10" tablet for £11? Not a huge amount of money to lose if it all goes wrong, but a useful tool if it actually works.

Matt_C - 18/1/13 at 04:43 PM

If you get something vaguely similar you have probably got a bargain! Was going to risk it myself but if you look at all the feedback (which is all positive) every item is a cracker toy style gift all sold for under $1. There is no sale for anything over about $3.

You have a great deal if something arrives and I hope paypal insurance works if not.

Matt

Barkalarr - 18/1/13 at 05:05 PM

I've taken a punt... just to see what turns up (if anything)

olimarler - 18/1/13 at 05:17 PM

All feedback small items! Seems dodgy .

SALAD - 18/1/13 at 05:19 PM

If you click on the '176' sold bit, you can see 100 transactions of the 176 and they are all from today, 18th January.....bit weird?
Maybe not.....I would be inclined to take a punt....but that's what they want you to think!

I'm giving it the scam shout.

BangedupTiger - 18/1/13 at 05:26 PM

I reckon its a scam, still hasn't stopped me taking a punt.

The seller has been trading since august 11. Only sold tiny cheap items.

Would people really go to the effort of selling lots af small items over a 15 month period to build up a history to scam peolpe? I'm not sure, but wouldn't be surprised if they have.

Its a very big risk, but paypal is there as backup.

PAUL FISHER - 18/1/13 at 06:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BangedupTiger
I reckon its a scam, still hasn't stopped me taking a punt.

The seller has been trading since august 11. Only sold tiny cheap items.

Would people really go to the effort of selling lots af small items over a 15 month period to build up a history to scam peolpe? I'm not sure, but wouldn't be surprised if they have.

Its a very big risk, but paypal is there as backup.

Me Too got to be worth a punt lets see what happens

chris-g - 18/1/13 at 06:02 PM

I expect they will be fake.

puma931 - 18/1/13 at 06:56 PM

Free P&P LOL that will cost more than £20 to send fron China to the UK...

mackei23b - 18/1/13 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BangedupTiger
well i've taken a chance, hopefully paypal backup will be in play, cause i dont hold out much hope of receiving it, let alone it being genuine

+1...... I got some nice bike mirrors from China for about £10 inc postage, turned up about 6 weeks later!

theconrodkid - 18/1/13 at 07:12 PM

i fancy one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9LTPUlSKQ seems a bit less scammy than the go pro

jossey - 18/1/13 at 07:35 PM

I've taken a punt on the camera.

When / if anyone gets it will you update us all n ill do same....
Cheers

jossey - 18/1/13 at 07:42 PM

There is another seller selling then at £19.99

8 feedback though....

Any who.....

AdrianH - 18/1/13 at 07:51 PM

Decided to go for one as well.

Can always get money back via Paypal if not receiving anything.

Adrian

GreigM - 18/1/13 at 08:11 PM

I imagine they are scamming paypal - build up a decent amount of feedback through what look like genuine small transactions - then suddenly sell the high value items, posting from china can take many weeks, so buyers don't complain for a couple of months, by that time they have withdrawn the money from paypal. Paypal will have to refund the transactions and take the hit.

I'll be surprised if you receive anything, but should get your money back.

cps13 - 18/1/13 at 08:14 PM

In the advert....

"The manufacturer of this article is GoPro which has its head office in the USA. We want to make it clear that we do not offer the manufacturer’s guarantee."

I think suggests they are fakes if they exisit. If it wasn't obvious enough at £20! Have also taken a punt...

gremlin1234 - 18/1/13 at 08:44 PM

I think these will attract import duty/vat, and a charge from the post office to collect said vat etc.,
so you may have to pay an additional £8 or so, on delivery.

bi22le - 18/1/13 at 08:50 PM

Im so tempted as I really want a Go Pro but cant be ar$ed with the impending admin.

Keep this topic up to date, I have missed out on bargins in the past, this may be another one. . . .

ReMan - 18/1/13 at 08:56 PM

Good luck
I'm so tempted, but cant be arsed with the hassle at the moment
Keep us posted

AndyW - 18/1/13 at 09:03 PM

Will someone buy several, then if they turn up I will buy one off you and you can make a small profit!!

tims31 - 18/1/13 at 11:44 PM

Forget it, clicked buy now just to see what would happen and it gets blocked by e-bay so obviously not kosher...

m4maverick - 18/1/13 at 11:45 PM

Interestingly Ebay are now blocking transactions !
I hope those that took a punt get their camera.
But Seems more like a scam every minute.

Beaten to it

[Edited on 18/1/13 by m4maverick]

ashg - 18/1/13 at 11:49 PM

i took a punt. paid via paypal linked to credit card so hopefully should be ok if it doesn't turn up.

Barkalarr - 19/1/13 at 10:38 AM

Rather interesting this morning - the guy has no other items for sale, yet he had a ton of stuff yesterday and his eBay shop is shut.

Didn't stop me and all my m8's taking a punt yesterday though.

ReMan - 19/1/13 at 12:06 PM

Most likely shut by ebay for counterfeit good then rather than just the scamminess?

Andybarbet - 19/1/13 at 06:00 PM

Took a punt on the tablet yesterday too, today's negative feedback on ebay has got a bit fierce though !

Wonder if any of us will get one ??

bob - 19/1/13 at 06:03 PM

Oh well....i'll give it the normal 21 days and if my £11.77 tablet has not turned up i wont loose any sleep, pretty sure i will get the money back eventually via paypal.

Andybarbet - 19/1/13 at 06:06 PM

My thoughts too, will have to keep this thread updated on progress

computid - 21/1/13 at 02:17 AM

Received the following message from ebay earlier:

quote:

We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you bid on has been removed:

251215426216 - NEW GoPro HD HERO 2 Motorsports pack 1080p Camera

If you haven't yet paid for this item, we strongly recommend that you do not complete this purchase. If the seller asks you to continue with the sale after the item has been ended by eBay, the item won't be covered by eBay buyer protection. Purchases completed outside of eBay are extremely risky and highly susceptible to fraud.

For more information on offers to buy or sell outside of eBay, copy this link into a new browser window:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

***If you've already paid using PayPal***

If you've already paid for the item through eBay and you want to get your money back:

-- You can open a case in our Resolution Centre. You have to wait 7 days from the day you made your payment before you can open a case.
-- To access the Resolution Centre, go to:

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk

-- Under "I bought an item," select "I haven't received it yet."
-- We'll walk you through the process for getting a refund. Because we removed the listing, you won't be able to look up the seller's contact information.

If you've paid for this item but haven't received it, please open a case in the Resolution Centre:
http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

***If you've paid by Western Union or MoneyGram***

If you've paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union: 0800 833 833. Outside the UK, call +353 1 24 97 214 or MoneyGram +800 8971 8971).

-- If you paid by check, contact your bank to stop the payment.
-- If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company to dispute the payment.

Our goal is to keep eBay safe so you can buy confidently. It's rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay. Whenever these events do occur, we try to help as much as possible to resolve the issue.

This is an automated response, so please don't reply to this message. If you still have questions, please click the "Contact Us" link at the left of the eBay Help pages.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

Ah well, was worth a punt.

jossey - 21/1/13 at 08:01 AM

I have just had the same

David

M

quote:
Originally posted by computid
Received the following message from ebay earlier:

quote:

We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you bid on has been removed:

251215426216 - NEW GoPro HD HERO 2 Motorsports pack 1080p Camera

If you haven't yet paid for this item, we strongly recommend that you do not complete this purchase. If the seller asks you to continue with the sale after the item has been ended by eBay, the item won't be covered by eBay buyer protection. Purchases completed outside of eBay are extremely risky and highly susceptible to fraud.

For more information on offers to buy or sell outside of eBay, copy this link into a new browser window:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

***If you've already paid using PayPal***

If you've already paid for the item through eBay and you want to get your money back:

-- You can open a case in our Resolution Centre. You have to wait 7 days from the day you made your payment before you can open a case.
-- To access the Resolution Centre, go to:

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk

-- Under "I bought an item," select "I haven't received it yet."
-- We'll walk you through the process for getting a refund. Because we removed the listing, you won't be able to look up the seller's contact information.

If you've paid for this item but haven't received it, please open a case in the Resolution Centre:
http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

***If you've paid by Western Union or MoneyGram***

If you've paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union: 0800 833 833. Outside the UK, call +353 1 24 97 214 or MoneyGram +800 8971 8971).

-- If you paid by check, contact your bank to stop the payment.
-- If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company to dispute the payment.

Our goal is to keep eBay safe so you can buy confidently. It's rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay. Whenever these events do occur, we try to help as much as possible to resolve the issue.

This is an automated response, so please don't reply to this message. If you still have questions, please click the "Contact Us" link at the left of the eBay Help pages.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

Ah well, was worth a punt.

Irony - 21/1/13 at 08:26 AM

I've got the same.

Drat, and double Drat.

Barkalarr - 21/1/13 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Irony
I've got the same.

Drat, and double Drat.

Me too ! (and 4 m8's who also bought one)

snakebelly - 21/1/13 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
i fancy one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9LTPUlSKQ seems a bit less scammy than the go pro

Just ordered one of these but the newer auto image orientation one.

mackei23b - 21/1/13 at 12:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Barkalarr
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
I've got the same.

Drat, and double Drat.

Me too ! (and 4 m8's who also bought one)

Yes, I got the same message as well........ 'If it looks to good to be true it probably is' springs to mind!

[Edited on 21/1/13 by mackei23b]

PAUL FISHER - 21/1/13 at 01:24 PM

Ive just bought one of these, not tried it out yet, but it looks a trick bit of kit.

http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/youcam-digital-video-camera-with-data-logging-and-laptimer-overlay-396-p.asp

snakebelly - 21/1/13 at 01:45 PM

presumably it has to be hard wired?

PAUL FISHER - 21/1/13 at 02:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly

Yes Mac, but theres only 5 wires, most of the features are run via the GPS, and at least I won't have to worry about batterys going flat

BangedupTiger - 21/1/13 at 03:34 PM

Yes I have the same message. Ebay cancelled the item, the only reason for this is suspision they are fake. Suspision, not proof, which is why they say do not claim for 7 days.

I'm still hopefull my fake one will turn up, then I might also get my £21 back

snakebelly - 21/1/13 at 04:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
quote:

Yes Mac, but theres only 5 wires, most of the features are run via the GPS, and at least I won't have to worry about batterys going flat

Paul, would be interested to see the wiring diagram when it turns up couldn't find any instructions on the site

PAUL FISHER - 21/1/13 at 05:15 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Paul, would be interested to see the wiring diagram when it turns up couldn't find any instructions on the site

Got it here now Mac, the 5 wires are, red wire 12v+
black wire earth
blue wire engine revs (ecu signal)
green wire speedo sender
white wire throttle position sensor
So simple I think I might even be able to wire it up myself

Barkalarr - 25/1/13 at 01:30 PM

A couple of mates have received an email from eBay this morning saying the guy has sent a tracking number and they can close the case when their parcel turns up.

Interestingly, these are only the people who have logged a complaint. I haven't logged one yet and I haven't received a tracking number / shipping confirmation.

snakebelly - 25/1/13 at 03:23 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

black wire earth
green wire speedo sender
So simple I think I might even be able to wire it up myself [/quote

Paul, steady on don't get carried away! Is there an room for expansion?

The Venom Project - 25/1/13 at 04:37 PM

It will be a scam, because I got fucked over for a Hero2 last August on eBay for one at £99, I mentioned it on a forum, and many others bought them, all in all the wanker took 98 people for £99 each, it took me 20 days of messing around and a lot of threatening actual bodily harm to the seller, before Paypal refunded me, in the end I bought one from a legitimate seller on eBay for twice that amount, I have to say I love it, They are expensive, but it seems most high quality footage is done with GoPro cameras.

Plus I wanted all the extra brackets, helmet mounts, and body mounts, so the cheaper ones were not up to the job.

PAUL FISHER - 25/1/13 at 04:59 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

black wire earth
green wire speedo sender
So simple I think I might even be able to wire it up myself [/quote

Paul, steady on don't get carried away! Is there an room for expansion?

I don't think theres any room for adding another camera on it, although you could change bullet camera on it for a higher resolution one, it would just reduce the record time, but it takes up to a 32gb card, so that should not be a problem.

Just to add, the gearchange function looks like it will work with both sequential and standard H partern gearboxes

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

Andybarbet - 29/1/13 at 10:02 PM

Any news on the tablets ?

Im presuming its a paypal claim back but wanted to make sure first :-)

Barkalarr - 7/2/13 at 06:14 PM

I got my parcel through the post this morning !
And my brother got his....

The only problem is I got a wrist support to stop you dropping your digital camera and my brother got a stone from the bottom of a fish tank!!!!

Clearly he's sent these out so he can tell PayPal / eBay that he's sent me a parcel and the courier is to blame.

Lets see how eBay deal with this - I suspect a few complaints about this guy.

Ill upload the pictures of the parcel, it's priceless!

AdrianH - 7/2/13 at 06:24 PM

Got my money back through Paypal, although I have been told i have a small parcel waiting at work which I will pick up tonight. Wonder what I will have in my bag?

Adrian

[Edited on 7-2-13 by AdrianH]

eddie99 - 7/2/13 at 06:56 PM

I had a ring from china turn up! Valentines day sorted! Haha

Dopdog - 7/2/13 at 07:03 PM

I got a full refund from ebay and then a note from paypal in Chinese?? got home today as well to a jiffy bag and have a smiley face camera strap as well,
bargain

PAUL FISHER - 7/2/13 at 08:39 PM

I got the same parcel this morning, but a full refund from ebay last week, Iam now boycotting all chinese restaurants in protest

locoR1 - 7/2/13 at 09:00 PM

Got a refund from paypal a couple off days ago Looking forward to a free gift now

ReMan - 7/2/13 at 09:17 PM

quote:
I got the same parcel this morning, but a full refund from ebay last week, Iam now boycotting all chinese restaurants in protest

I bet you dont!

cps13 - 7/2/13 at 10:02 PM

I got a lovely blue bracelet through in the post. Unfortunately when opening the jiffy bag it got caught in the opening and I broke it. I'm gonna have to break it to the mrs that valentines day is going to have to be cancelled this year!

mackei23b - 7/2/13 at 10:03 PM

I got the camera strap as well!

PAUL FISHER - 8/2/13 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:

I bet you dont!

Well ok then, for this week I will

mackei23b - 10/2/13 at 09:01 AM

Quick update, I've got my PayPal refund.
Cheers Ian