Board logo

Midtec Spyder
Trev Borg - 7/10/16 at 05:52 PM

Midtec Spyder Kit Car

Toys2 - 7/10/16 at 06:08 PM

I've always liked them, you may want to change the category that you've listed it in though, you're not in the main kitcars category

Trev Borg - 7/10/16 at 07:02 PM

Its not mine mate, I am already burdend with two, but thats not one of them

Nothing to do with me

Trev Borg - 7/10/16 at 07:07 PM

Just noticed that there are 8 kitcars for sale in the manuals section of ebay, how strange.

Toys2 - 7/10/16 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Trev Borg
Just noticed that there are 8 kitcars for sale in the manuals section of ebay, how strange.

Ah, sorry, I thought it was yours

Yep, that's ebay's "intuitive" software for you, it selects the best category for you, you can change it if you notice, but many don't

Not so bad if you're searching for something with a unique name like Midtec, but try searching for Sylva, it thinks I want Sylvanian Families! - that's when it important to get the category right

Trev Borg - 7/10/16 at 08:22 PM

Midtec is always in my search list but normally brings up ventilation cowls

Trev Borg - 7/10/16 at 08:53 PM

Contacted the guy selling this, and he said he would take £1500 if anyone was interested, but he does live in the frozen North ( Elgin, Moray)

Toys2 - 7/10/16 at 10:21 PM

Just out of interest, I was reading up about the Spyder, I didn't realise that it was a Lee Noble design

I have a part built Auriga 23b which was also designed by Noble (was Noble 23, then Auriga, then Mamba, now Tiger?) the 23 and Spyder's chassis look very similar

Trev Borg - 7/10/16 at 11:01 PM

Don't know a great deal about them i'm afraid.

Meistre - 8/10/16 at 08:27 AM

I just went scrolling through all those brochures and saw something amazingly gorgeous, a Phantom VV6.

I did an image search on Google and only comes up with one hit more the pity. It looks like a McLaren with this same beautiful lines, and now I'm wondering what she'd look like as a rag top on my Haynes chassis. .....