Board logo

Black and Decker Multi-Tool 1/2 price
Colnago_Man - 1/12/06 at 12:55 PM

Just got one of the Dremmel style tools from Argos for £30, seems like a good deal, nice selection of heads with it too and a hard case.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7100446.htm

02GF74 - 1/12/06 at 01:48 PM

I've got one, used to be call wizard and it is a fine tool, not broke it yet apart from one replacement drive spring.... now that I've said that, it'll probably explode next time I turn it on.

fesycresy - 1/12/06 at 01:51 PM

I bought one, total shite compared to the dremel.

spunky - 1/12/06 at 03:02 PM

I buy the 'Focus basics' ones, £9.99. take quite a bit of abuse before they expire, then return it for replacement or buy another and get full compliment of bits with it.

John

MkIndy7 - 1/12/06 at 05:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
I bought one, total shite compared to the dremel.

Can't comapre it with a Dremmel (cos some of us aren't that Rich! )

But we've got a B&D 1 and I'll sing its praises, as have quite a few others on here!

And its by far outlasted others that were a similar price, we had the Cheep no name versions a few times first and the novelty of taking em back soon wore out!

splitrivet - 1/12/06 at 06:02 PM

The Dremel's only £10 more than the Black & Decker.
Cheers,
Bob

geoff shep - 1/12/06 at 06:26 PM

Does it come with the base thingy that allows you to stand it on the surface you are cutting - like a router?

MikeRJ - 4/12/06 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
I've got one, used to be call wizard and it is a fine tool, not broke it yet apart from one replacement drive spring.... now that I've said that, it'll probably explode next time I turn it on.

The drive spring broke on my B&D wizard as well, but managed to make my own replacement out of a bit of spring steel wire I found (Greenhouse glazing clip!) and it has worked fine for the last couple of years and I have used it loads. Great little tool for small sanding/grinding/engraving jobs. though it does get a bit toasty if you use it for long periods at high speed.

Dremel stuff is a total rip off IMO, especilay the spare bits like cut off wheels, they cost a fortune.