Board logo

Ball joint reamer.
injuneer7 - 13/9/20 at 09:34 AM

Anyone got a taper reamer for sale?

indykid - 13/9/20 at 12:33 PM

Are you making taper pins to suit the reamer you buy?

If not, you'll need to specify the taper you need...or at least know what balljoints you're using.

injuneer7 - 13/9/20 at 01:19 PM

Sorry, 7 ish. Degrees for maxi joint.

big_wasa - 13/9/20 at 02:27 PM

So you're best bet is looking/asking for an Axminster Handy reamer. Its not a precision cutting instrument but it just so happens to make a dam good fit.

ianhurley20 - 13/9/20 at 03:25 PM

The axminster reamer was brilliant but they don't sell them anymore but maybe a search will find one for you secondhand. I was luck and a very nice person lent me theirs, perhaps someone local to you may have one you could borrow if you ask about

injuneer7 - 13/9/20 at 03:33 PM

Yes, all Axminster list now is a deburring cone. I'm making bushes to weld into my own suspension. Been quoted big bucks for someone to turn them. Cheaper to buy a HSS reamer and hang on to it. Still a lot more than the Axminster one was.

procomp - 14/9/20 at 04:20 PM

Hi. I offer the service of doing the job for locostbuilders FOC. It costs you the cost of uprights being posted to me and return.

injuneer7 - 14/9/20 at 06:58 PM

Thanks, that's a more than generous offer. I'm doing bushes, not upright s. So, I'm getting acquainted with my mates modelling lathe tomorrow. Done them before , but a pain. Really appreciate the offer.