Board logo

Router Problems
Hellfire - 9/11/10 at 10:02 PM

I have a Belkin N Wireless Modem Router which has been working OK'ish for the last year. The connection to my daughters laptop though, has always been a bit fickle, so I updated the router firmware which has now fixed the problem. Unfortunately since this update, my router now drops connection to the internet whenever I use the phone (cordless DECT phone), although it reconnects as soon as the line is free.

Do any of you techie guys know if/how I can resolve this issue?

Phil

phoenix70 - 9/11/10 at 10:06 PM

if your feeling techinical, try checking your master socket to see if the bell wire is still attached (google it) if it is, you don't need it so just disconnect it. Also It may actually just be co-incidental that it started with a firmware upgrade, I would also try swapping out any microfilters you have.

Cheers

Scott

[Edited on 9/11/10 by phoenix70]

MikeFellows - 9/11/10 at 11:02 PM

Micro filters would be my first port of call

unless your running extensions from the master socket every socket must have one if something is plugged in

Scotty - 10/11/10 at 07:21 AM

as above, Microfilters

BenB - 10/11/10 at 09:53 AM

Yup. Swap the microfilter. I'd put money on that working.

Hellfire - 1/12/10 at 05:43 PM

Are some microfilters better than others? My other spare microfilter (same manufacturer) doesn't even work Any recommendations, or are they all pretty much the same?

Phil

splitrivet - 2/12/10 at 07:41 PM

Is the Dect near the router if so move the base station away could be direct RF injection, if not filters.
Cheers,
Bob