Board logo

Welsh motorcyclist
MikeCapon - 5/6/11 at 09:09 AM

A pal of mine we call Welsh Al sometimes drops into what was my old local in Studley in Warwickshire. He's a single bloke with no real vices apart from motorcycles and being fanatically Welsh

He's ridden all sorts of odd bikes all over the world including the Sahara and a lot of well dodgy countries.

He has a bit of a weakness for ebay and often comes into the pub to tell us about his latest buy. "I just couldn't help myself see".

His most recent acquisition gave us a good laugh. As usual he came into the pub looking a bit guilty and someone asked "You've been on ebay again Al haven't you?"

His reply (with phonetic spelling). "Yes, I've done it again. I've been and bought myself a Bennethly"

mangogrooveworkshop - 5/6/11 at 09:53 AM

What's his eBay user name?

My mate bought a yacht whilst drunk.....gulp cost him big time

scootz - 5/6/11 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapon
... I've been and bought myself a Bennethly"

iank - 5/6/11 at 10:47 AM

Would that be a Sherpley Speed 6?

Richard Quinn - 5/6/11 at 11:02 AM

I like the looks and idea of a "Bennethly" Tornado RS. I'd be interested in hearing what he thinks of it once he's put some miles on it.

Ninehigh - 5/6/11 at 06:33 PM

Oh it's a bike?

I was reading it with a Welsh accent and thought he'd bought a small town

blakep82 - 5/6/11 at 06:53 PM

don't know much about bikes, bentley was the best i could make from it, assuming he knows as much about cars as i do bikes

Richard Quinn - 5/6/11 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Oh it's a bike?

I was reading it with a Welsh accent and thought he'd bought a small town

yup, Benelli (but with the Welsh double l)

David Jenkins - 6/6/11 at 03:04 PM

Doh!

Born in Cardiff, raised in Swansea, still didn't work it out until it was explained...

I've been away from Wales a LONG, LONG time! (30-odd years).