Board logo

fastening NOSE cone to chassis please?
jossey - 8/6/10 at 11:28 AM

hi all can anyone help with fastening NOSE cone pictures required please?

i have been told by some guys on here to use riv nuts but im unsure where it attaches to the chassis.

help please!!!

A1 - 8/6/10 at 11:32 AM

i dont have pics, but ive got mine bolted on with 4 m6 allen cap bolts into the top chassis rail. I didnt use rivnuts.

Guinness - 8/6/10 at 11:32 AM

I used a pair of stainless hinges under the front chassis rail and a pair of Dzus slide fasteners at the back of the nose cone onto the top chassis rail.

Hinge Indy Nose
Hinge Indy Nose

jossey - 8/6/10 at 11:39 AM

cheers guinness your a life saver as always.
and thanks A1

do you have the shots from the side to see how it attached to top chassis rail?

mad4x4 - 8/6/10 at 11:43 AM

YEP about the same, have a hinge. I have a bit of Cord through a hole so that it will only open to 45Deg's so it doesn;t fall forward and hit the ground.

Next to the lights I have two additional bonnect type clips that clamp the nose cone shut.

PM me if you need a bit of stainless Hinge. FOC Think I have some spare

[Edited on 8/606/10 by mad4x4]

Bluemoon - 8/6/10 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mad4x4
YEP about the same, have a hinge. I have a bit of Cord through a hole so that it will only open to 45Deg's so it doesn;t fall forward and hit the ground.

Next to the lights I have two additional bonnect type clips that clamp the nose cone shut.

PM me if you need a bit of stainless Hinge. FOC Think I have some spare

[Edited on 8/606/10 by mad4x4]

Mines like that, used two M6 rive-nuts on the top of the chassis instead of Duz fasteners. Bit of a pain to undo (not much room to get a spanner in), but it works! Might change over at some point to Duz (harder to fit than rivenuts!)...

Dan

iscmatt - 8/6/10 at 12:09 PM

mine is the same as blue moon and i've never had any issues, was easy to do too

bi22le - 8/6/10 at 12:31 PM

My MAC 1 had 4 bolts in rinuts around the top chassiss frame

THe RAW has 4 bolts into rivnuts, 2 each side going into the frame.

Whats wrong with rivnuts??

bassett - 8/6/10 at 12:52 PM

I used 4(m5/m6) bolts with penny washers going into rivnuts on the top chassis rail. It also has locating pins near the lower chassis rails which fit snug into the lip on the back of the nose cone but i guess this depends on the nose cone and if it has a vertical lip like the MNR one does.
Adam

A1 - 8/6/10 at 01:14 PM

i dont like using rivnuts cause they seem very temperamental...

rallyingden - 8/6/10 at 01:24 PM

I use 2 small DZus fasteners on the bottom front rail and 2 larger DZus fasteners, one on each side rail, 4 twists and it lifts off. Lemon squeezy.

RD

TimC - 8/6/10 at 03:01 PM

We've incorporated almost thirty plates to accept DZUS fastners all over my chassis - just about everything from undertrays to the bonnet, boot cover, scuttle and nose cone are held on in the same manner - it allows secure and quick access to every major component.

daniel mason - 8/6/10 at 04:43 PM

what are your plates like tim? size and material

TimC - 8/6/10 at 06:38 PM

They look like this and are steel to enable them to be welded to the chassis - 2ish mm I think:

Steve Hignett - 8/6/10 at 10:28 PM

They / / / started life like this:

[img][/img]