Board logo

laser cut exhaust trim.... where!?
franky - 24/7/10 at 08:30 PM

I've just about cut out a strange shaped hole in my side panel where my exhaust comes out, i'd like to put a stainless/ally trim plate around the cut out to tidy it up and hug the pipes closer.

Does anyone know where I can get this done? as its a bendy shape I was thinking I could trace it onto paper than post it to someone to copy. has anyone else done this?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Steve Hignett - 24/7/10 at 08:47 PM

Nope...

If it was in Carbon Fibre or Carbon Kevlar on the other hand

franky - 24/7/10 at 09:10 PM

Just remembered I need to post that I'll do it Tuesday when i've got the afternoon off!

Steve Hignett - 24/7/10 at 10:06 PM

Then we can talk more re an exhaust trim

maximill666 - 24/7/10 at 10:21 PM

andyw7de is your man, he made one for me a while back, very good service & cheap too.

LBMEFM - 25/7/10 at 08:55 AM

Have you considered water jetting it, less distortion of the metal, check out your local Yellow Pages. Barry

40inches - 25/7/10 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by maximill666
andyw7de is your man, he made one for me a while back, very good service & cheap too.

+1, he does waterjet cutting, good service.

jabbahutt - 26/7/10 at 07:06 AM

Another vote for Andy. He did a cracking job on a grille badge for me. Excellent service.

Benonymous - 27/7/10 at 06:37 AM

+1 on the water jet for stainless. The part will not be distorted from heat and the abrasive jet leaves a nice edge finish. Another plus is that abrasive jet cutting is much cheaper than laser cutting normally. The lasers in laser cutters wear out and cost a fortune to replace. By contrast the cutting nozzles for jet cutters are much more reasonably priced and the rest is abrasive and water. Locost