Board logo

front spoilers F1 style
Murphy - 14/11/11 at 10:51 PM

Hi

R1 locost very light at front end under acceleration but stable at steady high speed.

Will a front spoiler F1 style help?

If so where could I get one.

And I am sure it would look AWSOME.

Thanks all, John

blakep82 - 14/11/11 at 10:56 PM

not really, no, they work at higher speed, and your problem is at lower speeds, so the faster you're going the better it will work.
think suspension set up might be a better place to start

loggyboy - 14/11/11 at 11:03 PM

Get the car professionally set up and cornerweighted. No reason a 7 style car should be light on the front end, even a BEC.

ReMan - 14/11/11 at 11:29 PM

Also (and not to patronise you ) but assuming it was OK before you got it , make sure the tyres are at a BEC pressure at the front somwhere around 18psi..

StuartBJ - 15/11/11 at 12:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Murphy
Hi

R1 locost very light at front end under acceleration but stable at steady high speed.

Will a front spoiler F1 style help?

If so where could I get one.

And I am sure it would look AWSOME.

Thanks all, John

Hi John,

Aero won`t help you at low speed but if you still decide you want some aero induced front end grip (for whatever reason) perhaps "canards" may be more suitable. .....but remember aero only works at higher speeds and thus my learned colleagues above are right with respect to your lack of mechanical front end grip.

Start by looking at your tyre options/pressures, camber/ and toe first

All the best

Murphy - 15/11/11 at 10:32 PM

I appreciate the replies. Not patronised at all as I am taking in all this on a first time basis. Reading everything I can too.

Cheers everyone