Board logo

Brush painting 2 pack reccomendations
v8kid - 2/11/17 at 09:59 AM

Hi,

Started a new thread on this as its entirely different from spraying applications. When brush painting the HSE report clearly indicates that there is Zero isocyanate atmospheric contamination.

Any recommendations on a good brand to use specifically for brush painting?

I'm using it to paint a Bridgeport mill I'm renovating so need the durable finish of 2 pack finish.

Cheers!

obfripper - 2/11/17 at 01:06 PM

If you use a roller you can get a near sprayed finish, the best finish is with a foam type.
There are special rollers available as ordinary (household type)foam ones expand in contact with the 2k paint/thinners. I can't give you any part numbers to look for as the local supplier removes identifing labels.
They are also reuseable several times if thoroughly cleaned, before the foam starts to break up.
As far as brands go Valspar, Max Meyer, Octoral are a few of the brands that ive previously used with no issues, i've used the unnamed ones that local paint suppliers sell with no real issues either - the only thing i would say with them is the coverage is slightly poorer than the known brands.

Dave

mike78 - 2/11/17 at 01:15 PM

Hi,
About to do the same but on the chassis. I was told synthetic brush (preferably round brush) short strokes.

mike78 - 2/11/17 at 01:18 PM

Sorry , didn't read properly - I'm using epoxy

obfripper - 2/11/17 at 01:28 PM

These are similar to the rollers i've used, your paint supplier may also sell them as a lot of bodyshops use them for applying 2k primer as it saves spraybooth time.

https://www.smlmarinepaints.co.uk/brushes-rollers/finishingrollers/foam_roller

Dave

v8kid - 3/11/17 at 02:33 PM

Thanks Chaps